Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

OUT OF ORDER AT SKIRMISH series 2k3

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yes, but this is a "discussion" forum, so lets discuss it. After the incident I was involved in (taking out the whole left side on the break, then getting taken out by an eliminated player) I wasn't happy, but I shook hands with everyone involved and said "it happens" didn't argue, didn't get agitated and went back to the safe area. I doubt anyone on the field knew how angry I was. ( I just knew I couldn't do anything about it).

There's no point getting heated on the field, it just makes you look like a tool and the majority of spectators just find it funny. It's far from funny for the Marshals and in the end it accomplishes nothing. I'd far sooner we discussed this here, than at a tournament, so again, it's the consistency I'm bothered by, not individual Marshal's calls, everyone has bad days, and you can't always get experienced Marshals. E.g. on one field (not naming it) I watched a marshal help a player clean a burst, obviously a rec-marshal not realising he wasn't there to help.

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
I appreciate that like in any sport you get some bad calls. I was just real mad last night as it was a bad call, but hey never mind s**t happens right?
Just a shame it had to happen in the playoffs, I spoke to many marshals after and each said they wouldnt have pulled me and when on the phone to planet today one guy said that a squeegie is disposable equipment like pots?

Davo at work

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Jose

I agree, discussions can only go to improve the levels of understanding players have for these scenarios but will it increase the quality of marshalling at events? I suppose if organisers see the level of 'complaints' rising then surely they should step in a do something. But what is the ultimate question, if it has taken this long to get a pro reffing squad to deal with the top yank tourneys and leagues, what hope is there for us lot at the bottom of the pile to get a swift and mutually agreeable solution !

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Re. DJmatt.
You're problem seems worse than a "bad" call, it's an actual "wrong" call. Not based on bad judgement but on not understanding the rules. How many players lose their dog-tails, squeegies, etc... and then have to scour the field at the end of the game? going by that rule, we'd have been a man down in every game.
Time to check the rule book I think.

Glorykid

The One and Only
Jul 9, 2002
MK
seems harsh..i had a dodgy call in our first game, i got in the fifty did a run through shot their center out and proceede to shoot their left corner out, i got hit in the back just after they bounced but i walked(didnt want to get penalted pointed for playing on and their wasnt a judge near me)as i walke off they put the guy back in in the left corner, we still won but if we hadnt i would have been gutted. this was on field 2
marshalls make mistakes we are human after all.

sonic

Nov 4, 2001
nottingham.uk
www.uk-mastres.co.uk
i have to admit i didnt play the serise 2003 but i did spectate for around 3-4hrs and i have to say there did seem to be a few dodge calls being made on both the sup air fields but never saw anything on the hyper.

eveybody has bad days we just have to take the rough with the smooth:(

but i do feel sorry for u guys that had some of the bad calls:(

klaus

Muggin' U soon!
Feb 14, 2003
South Milford .York
Visit site
Still going?

Now that I think we are all aware that there were som dodgy calls on Sunday, lets try next time to look at it from a constructional point of view. The marshals have bad days..so do the players, There were two instances of 'being a dick' one team captain refused to leave the field after being told to by the ultimate. For a marshalling slight error it was a case of who shot who first ...it was a little close to call and I would have taken both players out but on the day the marshall decided that one guy had been hit first, and no matter what the team captain saw etc it is the marshals decision, standing there bitching about, abusing marshals, holding up further games and generally looking daft isn't going to win you any friends on or off the field, live with it!!

The other one was of an obvious too highly sponsored spoilt git, having recieved a dodgy call in his opinion he proceded to launch his £grandsworth of gun in to the air, then his pack, then grab the hopper and not once but twice violently through it at the ground?????:confused: what's that all about... if you want to do that sort of thing find another sport, loser.

See you all at Utoxetter! I don't think I'll marshal that one but I'll take all these comments with me!!!

later