Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

output pressure

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Hello, I am wondering about what about put pressure I need for my tank I am going to buy the gun I will be putting it on is the Empire Axe Pro, The tank which I am thinking of buying is the First strike hero 2.0 tank I will put a picture below the output pressure options are
extra high pressure (950-1000psi), extra-low pressure (275-300psi), high pressure (750-800psi), low pressure (450-475psi) and mid pressure (550-575psi) which pressure will be suitable for the marker I am also going to get the tank in 77ci or 88ci.

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Always be wary of references to ‘high/low/mid’ pressures, they are all relative and one persons low may be anothers mid.

(And they are all high pressure anyway!)

See the extracts below, noting that they cover both the Axe and the Axe Pro so pay attention to the version in the header.

350-450psi is recommended in the Axe Pro manual, but it can happily take high pressure which would be in the 800-850psi area.

So go for any of the low/mid/high options.

The inline regulator of the Axe will then handle it and step down (should be set at around 200psi)
Your cylinders output pressure should be high enough to have plenty air waiting for the inline regulator to refresh every time you fire a shot.
Very few guns that have their own regulator need a specific high or low cylinder pressure.

The original norm was high pressure at around 800/850psi, but many ‘Modern’ cylinder regulators will be in the mid range of 500-650psi

Cylinder size has no impact on the guns operation. You want something that feels comfortable to you and ‘fits’ you ergonomically in relation to your hand, elbow, shoulder etc and that it can hold enough air to last the time you are on field in a game

49211EA1-D78E-4B8B-A000-E60F586974FA.jpeg15804682-9106-4A92-AFE6-F7F658752BA6.jpegE5764A30-24E6-47CB-A7CE-3B2A28BBB972.jpegDBF00694-094B-4935-AE03-D05F188601C8.jpeg

Reactions: ant290

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Always be wary of references to ‘high/low/mid’ pressures, they are all relative and one persons low may be anothers mid.

(And they are all high pressure anyway!)

See the extracts below, noting that they cover both the Axe and the Axe Pro so pay attention to the version in the header.

350-450psi is recommended in the Axe Pro manual, but it can happily take high pressure which would be in the 800-850psi area.

So go for any of the low/mid/high options.

The inline regulator of the Axe will then handle it and step down (should be set at around 200psi)
Your cylinders output pressure should be high enough to have plenty air waiting for the inline regulator to refresh every time you fire a shot.
Very few guns that have their own regulator need a specific high or low cylinder pressure.

The original norm was high pressure at around 800/850psi, but many ‘Modern’ cylinder regulators will be in the mid range of 500-650psi

Cylinder size has no impact on the guns operation. You want something that feels comfortable to you and ‘fits’ you ergonomically in relation to your hand, elbow, shoulder etc and that it can hold enough air to last the time you are on field in a game

View attachment 66753View attachment 66754View attachment 66755View attachment 66756
Thanks for the reply I will purchase the medium pressure which is 550-575 if I get this tank will I need to make any adjustment to the regulator on the gun or will the gun be okay with the medium pressure?
also, I am quite new to paintball and curious to learn I was wondering If why do they recommend the gun to have 350-450 psi but then you said the gun will run fine on 800-850 will it not be unsafe?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for the reply I will purchase the medium pressure which is 550-575 if I get this tank will I need to make any adjustment to the regulator on the gun or will the gun be okay with the medium pressure?
It should run fine with no problem, and you should not need to adjust the guns inline regulator.
However - do check the gauge at the inline regulator to ensure it is around 200psi and does not exceed 210psi

F1529911-08C9-49DA-92F2-A9C9AF8A9176.jpeg
CB88A6AE-6360-4F99-9A8E-C4F4EA3CA4D3.jpeg

also, I am quite new to paintball and curious to learn I was wondering If why do they recommend the gun to have 350-450 psi but then you said the gun will run fine on 800-850 will it not be unsafe?
It will be safe at a higher pressure as the inline regulator can withstand high pressures, but won’t let it pass through.

The recommendation is based on a formula in relation to the operating pressure of the gun at approx 200psi, and allowing for a greater quantity of air to be sat waiting outside.

If you stretch your imagination to picture a lift that has a capacity of 200 people, but it won’t shut the doors and move until the 200th person goes in. If people arrive one at a time then there will be a long wait.
If 350 people are stood outside the lift pushing against the door, then when it opens those closest are going to burst in faster, fill to capacity and shut the door on the remaining 150.
The lift will be on its way much quicker.
If the lift goes and returns too quickly then it could be back with the doors open when only 25 more have arrived, so 175 people will burst in but still have to wait for more to arrive one at a time.
If 800 people are all pressed against the doors then it’s a crush but the lift can easily do 4 trips before anyone else needs to turn up.

(If the in-line was bypassed and high pressure got to the internal air components of the gun itself then it would risk damaging sensitive air components, but each of the regulators will hold back and only pass through the right pressures, or ‘fail safe’ and vent excess air)
7755CF19-875A-4D7B-924D-394008BEA435.jpeg

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As a new player check out the UKPSF HPA1 on air safety.

Some of the details on types of cylinder and approved standards are out of date, but the key facts and safety points remain.

Just treat air and your cylinder with respect and they will be fine with you.

Add a full nipple cover to your shopping list, and hang onto the regulator valve cap when it arrives to keep the threads clean and safe from bumps when packed.

When first on site ask for the staff to give you a run through of the filling process.

Enjoy and have fun

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
It should run fine with no problem, and you should not need to adjust the guns inline regulator.
However - do check the gauge at the inline regulator to ensure it is around 200psi and does not exceed 210psi

View attachment 66757
View attachment 66758

It will be safe at a higher pressure as the inline regulator can withstand high pressures, but won’t let it pass through.

The recommendation is based on a formula in relation to the operating pressure of the gun at approx 200psi, and allowing for a greater quantity of air to be sat waiting outside.

If you stretch your imagination to picture a lift that has a capacity of 200 people, but it won’t shut the doors and move until the 200th person goes in. If people arrive one at a time then there will be a long wait.
If 350 people are stood outside the lift pushing against the door, then when it opens those closest are going to burst in faster, fill to capacity and shut the door on the remaining 150.
If the lift goes and returns too quickly then it could be back with the doors open when only 25 more have arrived, so 175 people will burst in but still have to wait for more to arrive one at a time.
If 800 people are all pressed against the doors then it’s a crush but the lift can easily do 4 trips before anyone else needs to turn up.

(If the in-line was bypassed and high pressure got to the internal air components of the gun itself then it would risk damaging sensitive air components, but each of the regulators will hold back and only pass through the right pressures, or ‘fail safe’ and vent excess air)
View attachment 66759
Thank you, so If it goes above 210 psi for some reason I will just make a counter-clockwise turn on the regulator to decrease it?

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019

View attachment 66757
View attachment 66758

View attachment 66759
(2:37)
I was just watching this video and it is saying that if you have a mid or high-pressure gun and you dive on it wrong the o ring can move out of the way and you can dump your entire tank.
Would this be an issue with the axe pro?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
(2:37)
I was just watching this video and it is saying that if you have a mid or high-pressure gun and you dive on it wrong the o ring can move out of the way and you can dump your entire tank.
Would this be an issue with the axe pro?
The Axe pro sits in the Empire family that he mentions at 5:30, and he says it is safe with any bottles output pressure.

There are two possible problems with a bad dive knocking out the o-ring:
1) Just the ASAs bolts being shifted causing the o-ring seal between ASA and the gun. If this happens then you are out of the game and need to fix that physical problem
2) Your cylinders air being dumped because there is no seal between the ASA and the gun. You are out of the game any so that does not make much difference.
You can switch the ASA off or and stop the air being dumped.
The only difference between a high or low pressure output regulator will be how quickly the air is lost.

It’s a bit of a non problem. If you are diving on a guns ASA and it’s cylinder with weak ASA mounts on the grip then that’s more of a problem and is going to cause damaged equipment that needs to be fixed and reassembled which will take longer than the time spent at the fill station replenishing it

Last edited: