Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over shooting tournement rule

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
I witnessed an incident on Sunday where a player was 1-4-1'd for overshooting. It surprised me because it just didn't look like someone being overshot to me.
I've looked for overshooting in the millenium rules but can't find a reference to it. It's probably me being blind! Can someone please clear up the official line on when an elimination becomes a case of over shooting? Is there a number of shots that it then becomes deemed unnecessary and therefore overshooting? What are the official rules re: overshooting?
Thanks guys and girls...

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Current rulebook has a couple of points covering it.... but it is more about intent than number of shots

Relevant section

Article 9.3.8
Players that engage in unsportsmanlike conduct will be eliminated. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, but is not limited to:
d) Shooting a clearly eliminated player with malicious intent to injure or intimidate.
e) Excessive shooting which is defined as shooting a player more than is reasonably enough to effect elimination.

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
Yeah that's what I found. To me it just leaves it open to interpretation quite a lot.
I just didn't understand how firing 3 shots on a run through two of which landed on the players pack was a case of overshooting.

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
I mean was it a bad call or should we be limiting shots on a run through more than that?

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Yeah that's what I found. To me it just leaves it open to interpretation quite a lot.
I just didn't understand how firing 3 shots on a run through two of which landed on the players pack was a case of overshooting.
It does... and I wouldnt think 3 shots is overshooting. Did you raise it with the Field Ultimate?

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
I wasn't involved. I knew the player but I wasn't on the field at the time. I spoke to him and the team put it down to a harsh call and got on with it. Has raising a dispute ever done anyone any favors?

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
I got pulled for pulling the anti-jam on my rotor, go figure!
Weird!? Did you ask on what grounds?
I always try to find out exactly why I was pulled if it involves me. Just so I know what to do in future. Pulling the anti jam is kinda un-avoidable though at times! Lol

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I wasn't involved. I knew the player but I wasn't on the field at the time. I spoke to him and the team put it down to a harsh call and got on with it. Has raising a dispute ever done anyone any favors?
Fair enough, we've all witnessed harsh calls, and that is sound advice!

I think it's how it is raised that counts... asking for clarification is reasonable

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester
Again part of the rules thats not very clear regards to toucing your equipment.

Sorta makes sence with messing with the marker, but its a trigger like the one on the marker so as above put it down to a bad call and carried on.