The Home Of European Paintball

Over shooting tournement rule

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Weird!? Did you ask on what grounds?
I always try to find out exactly why I was pulled if it involves me. Just so I know what to do in future. Pulling the anti jam is kinda un-avoidable though at times! Lol
Also covered in the rules, just need to ask the Ref I guess

Article 11.1.2
(k) Operating buttons or switches on an electric or electronic marker and hopper during the game without permission from a referee.

And I got pulled for touching my eyes button in a Div4 game, such a dumbass! :oops:

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester
yes, we won the point so i dint push on it, i believe hoppers and the toucing of buttons/triggers on it are going to be raised.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I think pulling an anti jam trigger should fall under common sense, i've seen CPL players doing it without being pulled.

Then again maybe the ref isn't familiar with Rotors either?? We've all had bad calls at one time or another, in fact I've had a ref apologise for pulling me and not being able to find the hit afterwards when I asked where i was shot.

Reactions: sl2ai

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Generally if you look at your hand position while pulling the anti jam where is you thumb resting? Maybe this can look like you are operating buttons especially if you have the marker tilted barrel towards the floor. This may have been the source of you getting pulled.

hipjaw

pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk // Reading Entity // #22
Apr 8, 2011
Bristol
pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk
Also covered in the rules, just need to ask the Ref I guess

Article 11.1.2
(k) Operating buttons or switches on an electric or electronic marker and hopper during the game without permission from a referee.

And I got pulled for touching my eyes button in a Div4 game, such a dumbass! :oops:
See on the Div1 field I was swapping hoppers a few times throughout a game as I was having gun troubles.. I got to my bunker a couple times and it wasn't switched on (couldn't see the rotor light) so I asked the ref if I could turn it on. Both times he said it was fine and then after the second point he came up to me and told me that they changed the rules so that it's okay to touch your hopper, it's just your gun that you can't mess with.

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester
I can see both sides of it, as dusty says though a little commonsence needs to be appled, what can you actually change on your hopper anyway?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I never understood though why since the introduction of capped ramping the loader buttons made ANY difference at all. It doesn't matter how fast you set it to feed the gun will throttle it back to 10bps anyway!

As far as I'm aware there isn't a loader system in existence which will make any changes to marker settings??

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
I was pulled in our first game.of the breakout division for not touching the start get, even though it's impossible from the wider starting lines they mark out
Straight after the Game the head ref had to explain the rules to the others, bit late for me though!!!

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
It was on the breakout field the over shooting call was made. Maybe it was just the 'refs in training'. I just don't see 3 shots on a run through as over shooting. Especially when two hit the pack.
Am I wrong?