Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over shooting tournement rule

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
It's more down to the refs discretion more than anything else, it could be as little as one ball. If someone is noticably trying to exit the field and a player turns his gun on him, it's overshooting. If the situation was how you described it though, it seems a little over zealous. Also, it doesn't really make a difference where it hits, let's be honest a ref isn't going to have the time to sit a guy down, examine and count the hits on him, work out how many guns were on the field and then make a call.

Phoenix

Oct 13, 2008
Kent
Oh I realise if the player was out it would be a different matter entirely.
I only mention where the hits were placed because the ref was stood about 8 foot away from where it happened. He or she see all 3 hits land. I was stood behind them so I see it aswell, then couldn't work out what the player had been 141'd for so I went and asked him. Looked perfectly exceptable to me. I've done it and seen it done to many times to count. I was just curious how the actual rule is worded. But it's clear that it's been left to interpretation.

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
I got done for it once came through the M to get someone he got shot from the snake I didn't know I blew his head of and got an overshooting penalty just get on with it aruguing with the ref will very rarley achieve anything if you won the point and no one got banned just shut it and get of the field

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
In the interest of education, elimination for shooting with intent to intimidate is only the elimination of the offending player, no 1-4-1 assessed (according to the rulebook). I saw multiple players eliminated for unneccesary over-shooting in Puget but none of them were 1-4-1's.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
I was warned for putting excessive shots into players during a couple of muggins on Sunday, frankly one of them was a good paintball buddy who would have done exactly the same thing to me and the second guy i shot his pack out of courtesy but put enough into him to ensure he did not attempt to spin on me.
However the refs told Div 2 captains at the captains meeting that the rules regarding touching your loader had been scrapped so we did not need to ask permission to turn on / turn off / un-jam etc so that may need looking into moving forwards.

Reactions: BubbleGumBob

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I think every player should spend some time reffing - it is a lot harder than it looks. Nothing wrong with a polite enquiry - "Could I just checked why I was pulled please?" being better than "Show me where the ****ing hit was then, you tosser?" - but wait until the point/game is over and approach the head ref if the rules state that.
You always get bad calls - I've had a few down the years - but then again, I've had hits wiped off me as bunker rub, or found hits on my pack after a game that the refs missed. Swings and roundabout.... ;)

As for the original Q - overshooting is a tricky call - Marco above actually warned me for this a month or two back. I was shooting over a bynker and not seeing the paint break, and two of my teamates were shooting on the same player. These things happen, and we apologised to the player concerned straight after.

Reactions: alexd and Marc0

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
With regards to touching your Hoppers... I'm pretty confident this rule won't be in place by Campaign. @CPPS the rule is not being used as of Round 2 and going forward.

The only instance I had of players being pulled for touching Hoppers on Sunday was on Field 5. Upon hearing this, I pulled all the Refs in and made it perfectly clear that the rule was not in play. We had no instances after that.

With regards to overshooting. The entire rule is subjective. Without being there seeing things through the Refs eyes, it's impossible to make any comment. That goes for the vast majority of calls made in the 386 games, games not points, of Paintball we ran over the weekend that was The Empire Shield.

Adrenochrome

da puffmeister
Jul 12, 2001
surrey
I saw a 1 for one on the far field for hopper abuse, ie turning it on, and another 1 for 1 ( not just elimination) for wearing a beanie over not under the goggle strap