Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Overkill

Dragos

Jul 31, 2001
Tacoma, Wa.
Visit site
Well some times its hard to tag the guy again when he ducks down after being hit. I hit this one guy in the mask when he popped up and he went back down immediatly i had to yell ref paint check on his mask really loud and then the guy stood up and yelled hit. Mind you this was like 10 seconds afterwards. Some people just dont play fair :mad:

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Depends on the day. Recday or training = take it easy
Tournament = make certain.

And High adjucator. I am not in your head:mad: :D

Alien

loginnut

Aug 3, 2001
Visit site
Depends on the judging that day. If they're taking their damn time pulling people I'll fire an extra 2 just so if they cheat they can't ditch the evidence easily. If marshalls are their for everything 2 breaks is plenty.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Don't count on refs

Personally I don't count on refs to be all so expedient and accurate about paintchecks. All of you and myself have seen incidents and/or entire tourneys and rec ball weekends where neither was the norm. Why place yourself in the position to get screwed? If you shot all that paint at them, which is your hard earned money to buy, your tactical brilliance and/or skill which hit them with it, and your pride and victory on the line, shouldn't you do your damndest to get credit for it? Don't place yourself in the position to get pissed off at refs who by simply being human aren't going to always do a 100% perfect job and by whining about them make yourself look like a complete ******* when you can solve the problem by tapping the trigger a few more times (ok yeah sometimes it has to be 20). It's better for you, better for your team, and better for the refs to just make things simpler and leave nothing in doubt.

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Depends:
- Turkey shot: 2-3 balls on a hard place 4 a clean break.

- Side shots 10-15m out: would loose enough to splash 3-4 on him.

All u guys that go "I'll knock him out... turn him blue... " pay time's just round the bunker... we'all eat the same ****!!!

foolybear

Oct 15, 2001
North Carolina
Visit site
overshooting

When I'm playing rec - the field where I usually play has a three shot overkill rule - breaking three or more shots on a player during a game results in an elimination of the shooter as well. That's the rec ball rule - it doesn't apply for tournaments. While you might think it's too strict or harsh, I agree with it. Paintball is not a game of sadism; it's a game of skill. I find skillfully placing one ball on my opponent much more satisfying than spraying a dozen in hopes that one breaks. Overkill rules also serve to keep newbies coming back. If I had been mercilessly overshot the first few times on the field, I might never have come back.

If you're in the game to punish people, I think you're in it for the wrong reasons.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
It's situational

Let's not forget the reasons people shoot more than 3 times:
1. Accuracy limitations of paint and paintguns.
2. Bounces.
3. Human error.
4. Intelligent moving targets.
5. Wind.
6. Those stupid gremlins, evil spirits, whatever that inexplicably cause some of your shots to miss for no apparent reason.
7. Attempting elimination by splatter.
8. Hit removal, either intentionally by wiping or unintentionally by incidental rubbing against bunkers, the ground, etc.
9. Hits occuring in areas not readily visible to refs and/or perceptible to players, such as between the pods, under the pack, soles of shoes, down the barrel, etc.

If you're not allowed to make the best of the situation given these limitations, why would you want to play much at all? If you pay your money for all the firepower, accuracy, consistency, etc. that you do and not be able to utilize it to your advantage, then what motivation exists for you to continue? You'd be pissed off as hell if you walked onto a field and couldn't shoot more than 3 shots at a time if you needed to, wouldn't you?

OK, right, so your aim is a little better than usual and you land 3+ shots on target sooner than you thought, instead of the usual first couple missing and the last 2 or 3 hitting...good for you! You or they may not be aware of more than one of them hitting cause the guy ducked in, was running, etc. Only should you stop when you are aware of the guy being hit AND PULLED BY THE REFEREE. I don't give a crap what kind of holier than thou, principle above practical person you claim to be, if you think for a second that either you or I would see someone still playing on with 3 or more hits on them and think "Gee, I know he's playing on while hit and he shouldn't be, but ya know what, I've done my part. The ref will surely see that and get him out of here INSTANTLY, before he can do anything with it. I won't shoot him again because I'm a good person..." then you and reality need to meet sometime.

If someone is going to take one or more hits from me and not lift an arm, yell "OUT!" put a barrel plug in, stop moving in my direction, and stop shooting paint, you can bet every damn cent you have that I and any sensible player will put as many shots on them as it takes for them to do so. That is neither brutal nor unfair, but rightfully seeking due credit for your achieved eliminations.

foolybear

Oct 15, 2001
North Carolina
Visit site
It's situational

Originally posted by KillerOnion

If someone is going to take one or more hits from me and not lift an arm, yell "OUT!" put a barrel plug in, stop moving in my direction, and stop shooting paint, you can bet every damn cent you have that I and any sensible player will put as many shots on them as it takes for them to do so. That is neither brutal nor unfair, but rightfully seeking due credit for your achieved eliminations.
I agree with you on this point - I wouldn't call this situation overkill. If a person plays on or otherwise blatantly cheats then putting more paint on the person is not overshooting.

I apologize if I came across as "holier than thou" as I expressed my opinion on this subject. I am not the god of paintball and I do not make the rules, either at my field or at the ones at which you play. I'm simply expressing my thoughts. I think overshooting is bad for the sport, turns away new players, and can be malicious. I'm not used to dealing with many cheating problems - most of the people I play with are pretty honest, so we may be coming at the problem from different angles. Sure, sometimes people get hit more than three times at my home field. Usually they call themselves out and that's it. The only time people make an issue of the overshooting rule is if the shooter is malicious about it.

I guess the problem I have is with some of the other posts I've read in these forums. People write about wanting to plaster someone with paint as if the goal of the game were welts instead of eliminations. Besides, don't you find a well-placed shot more elegant than spraying 30 and hoping for the best?