Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

p.a new format trial

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Mario
raffles may not be as wrong as you think benny boy, i know its wanted by certain people within the PA. however its not a decision which has a) been talked about (officially, unofficially its been discussed over a few beers :)) or b) been made.
Chris, despite what you may have heard mentioned or you think has been mentioned - it won't happen. Certainly not for 2006.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
fair enuff ben me old mucker :) we all hear things from different people :) some true some lies - it dont bother me...ill still find someone else to pay for it ;)

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I along with others (who are not connected with the PA in any way) think site paint only would be a way of gaining growth in the paintball market.
It has been discused with several tournament organisers and no decision has been made at all.
I do not think any tournament event/series should allign itself with one paint supplier so it would never be brand x paint only.
If the PA ever concludes after discussion with others we want to supply site paint only we would of course put it to a managers vote with all sides and all points of view saying their piece first.

Russ.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
pa! xball! damn its nearly campaign and ive only reffed once this year and havnt even put my gun together yet!!!! somone find me a new job!!! i gotta get back on the field, im feeling withdrawals!

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Russell - thank you for answering my question. That was all I wanted to know :).

Ben - see, no ulteria (sp) motive - so please stop looking for one. Just because you hadn't heard about - doesn't mean it had never been discussed (I must have heard it somewhere ;)).

Mat - you not at the moss anymore?

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Originally posted by Russell Smith
I along with others (who are not connected with the PA in any way) think site paint only would be a way of gaining growth in the paintball market.
It has been discused with several tournament organisers and no decision has been made at all.
I do not think any tournament event/series should allign itself with one paint supplier so it would never be brand x paint only.
If the PA ever concludes after discussion with others we want to supply site paint only we would of course put it to a managers vote with all sides and all points of view saying their piece first.

Russ.
See I hope that works Mr.Smith but in all effort to let you know ive not gone away, I hope you do put it to the vote when you do it, not rail road it....

Many teams have sponsored paint , this will again have knock on effects in the world of paint supplies and sponsors wont be happy with good teams getting paint from other suppliers.

You know what I mean mate, the knock effect of "hang on a min, I'm making hardly any money sponsoring this team but now they are playing a tournament without my paint sort".

Good luck with the X-ball format though, maybe the prizes should be increased to a jet ski each, or a smart car or something for the team, or bigger money prize.

This incentive would then bring bigger sponsorship for your teams entering that could go back to the sponsors for giving them the money if they win.

Just my thoughts again, hibernation is a cold place.