Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

P8NT to return?!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So the original crew who took our sport/hobby, to a photographic level that no one thought was possible. (Just look at that cover of Matty!, Hat backwards, tweaking an autococker, in black and white) Has returned...to create a hard back tome that captures paintball history in the massive explosion years, late 1999-2004. Those 5 years (I was there for them) saw 7 man and 5 man, the NPPL explosion, founding of Infamous, playing in american football stadiums (well the grass lots out front). It was an absolutely brilliant time to play the game.

It's a kickstarter to fund the book.

I have to check the funds tomorrow...but I'm seriously going to have to back this if possible.

covers.jpg

Reactions: Robin Hood

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Already backed it - I need a copy of that in my life!

I believe P8NT was hugely influential on the style of Facefull, who released a similar book a few years back. I have a feeling the P8NT version will be much better.

Reactions: Spikerz

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
They exceeded the $20k they needed earlier today, so it's happening!

I know the idea is to release something you can actually hold, but after the print run is done they should think about a Kindle version.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea I got the supporter version. Cost 20 USD to ship to Ireland, which is 40% of the cost of the pledge lol. Going to be excited to be read it and see my name on the supporter list. I think it's going to be amazing.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
BIG fan of this. Backed it with the extra contact sheet.

As an industry creative I’m a huge advocate of trying to get behind and keep the good creative talent in the industry. Making sure we pay great photographers properly. Making sure we brief them the best we can. Because if we don’t support these guys then they’ll leave and ALL sports industries need good creative talent to do their best to make us look good.

These guys took it to a level that was hugely brave. That design language didn’t just move things on a bit but showed everyone what can be achieved with great creative input.

I totally get why they couldn’t maintain it. That **** takes a huge amount of time to do and ultimately we all need monies to survive.

That said, this book feels ‘right’ and the P8nt gang have timed it to perfection.

Bravo. Take my money. I want my book.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
That mag was a watershed for various reasons not least of which was because it seemed to reflect the news and views of the players at that time.

The word 'cool' is bandied around so much these days but when P8nt first hit the shelves, the resounding opinion from the players and teams was that it was a cool magazine, with cool editorial and cool pics …. even the guys who ran it were pretty cool.

I really liked it but a lot of the magazines around that time couldn't generate sufficient income to pay the costs of production/distribution, the contributors, and all those fantastic pics …
And it was the 'cool' pics and design theme that tended to define that magazine.

Generally speaking, the cover price tends to pay for the printing of a magazine, and it's the advertising that hopefully generates the profit.
As the industry began to squeeze their ad budgets, the least profitable magazines began to feel the pressure …. it was a pretty sad day when Chris and the guys at P8nt had to fold that mag [no pun intended] …….

Sad but true :cry:

Last edited: