Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

P8ntballer 18 rated with Orange

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
I am waiting for my interweb connection to be transferred as I have just moved.

I have been trying to keep up to date using the interweb on my phone. Connect HTC Touch HD to Windows 7 laptop and you are away :)

Thing is Orange is convinced P8ntballer is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18 and blocks it.

You get a link to review that decision but I got a txt an hour later saying the block stands.

I can turn off Orange Safeguard but I was curious what site content would be causing this issue ?

Ed

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
Its all about the gunz init Ed, used to get this all the time at work, virtually every paintball related site was classed as "Hunting and Sporting Gun Clubs".
i have the same issue. mind you i'm a teacher - so i guess after several years of high profile "High School Shootings" they think they have a justification.

here and our site seem to be about the only one to circumvent it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I can turn off Orange Safeguard but I was curious what site content would be causing this issue ?

Ed

I think as Pete suggests, companies like Orange have a policy that is predicated upon certain 'classifications' and these classifications are pretty arbitrary sometimes and have a catch-all policy within certain genres and so we been corralled with gun sports and the like, therefore attracting the appropriate '18' designation.
I say appropriate because if we were of that same ilk as gun sports, then I think classifying it as 18 is appropriate.
Not a lot we can do about it really Ed other than to protest our distinction but that won't do much good with monoliths such as Orange.