Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA goes 15bps/ramping

But still both of you havent answered the main question of why they are changing the rule when there is nothing wrong with the current one ?

Pinky if you only set your marker up with a 5fps margin for error you will come unstuck one day for three reasons:

1) even a change in temperature can affect the size of the paint enough to change velocity more than that.

2) You will surely pot up from more than one box in a days paintballing meaning you will be using balls that vary ever so slightly in size which could also take you over that limit

3) You could be unlucky and get chronoed with a ball in your hopper which is slightly larger than the rest (yes this does happen - even with hellfire !! )

The reason we do not set our markers within a 5fps error margin is simple - there are too many variables to take a marker into the red, and personally i would rather have all markers allowed on field all the time and not risk playing a man down or picking up any penalties after the game which would seriously effect us "competing at the level we are" as you put it. ;)

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Originally posted by ANDY-501
But still both of you havent answered the main question of why they are changing the rule when there is nothing wrong with the current one ?
They, I think see it as a safety issue, as they are allowing the ramping. Also with the closer and more agressive play, it is a logical move to improve safety and avoid any risk of accidents caused by multiple mugging shots.

Slim Clan

Back from the Beach
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh
www.theclan-paintball.com
Hopefully see some technology advancments in the equipment too, if the ROF and firing modes are standardised manufacturers will be forced to develop consistency, accuracy, LP, etc etc.

Just a point that hadn't been raised.

Not that I agree or disagree with the ramping rule.
I think "Trial and Error" are todays keywords.

S

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Slim Clan
Hopefully see some technology advancments in the equipment too, if the ROF and firing modes are standardised manufacturers will be forced to develop consistency, accuracy, LP, etc etc.

Just a point that hadn't been raised.

Not that I agree or disagree with the ramping rule.
I think "Trial and Error" are todays keywords.

S
will we see more people going 'back to a cocker'? l:confused: :confused: ;) :D