Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA league format 2007 and the air issue

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Here's a pic of the new larger fittings compared to the original, the back of the new fill nipple has a female thread rather than a male, to adapt it to the original 1/8 thread easier. These larger fittings also have a better pressure rating.

Lucky_Tech

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2006
www.luckyeurope.co.uk
Does this fill nipple stop someone from putting oil in the nipple before filling it?

it wasnt someone putting a 3000psi system on a 4500 rig that caused the bottle explosion this year

maybe we should just spend time and everyones money educating people how to fill a tank correctly. A nipple is not going to cure the problem

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Does this fill nipple stop someone from putting oil in the nipple before filling it?

it wasnt someone putting a 3000psi system on a 4500 rig that caused the bottle explosion this year

maybe we should just spend time and everyones money educating people how to fill a tank correctly. A nipple is not going to cure the problem
I agree, education is the best way. But i think it's going to be an insurance issue, which may be out of our hands.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
This is from 1 of my old Posts ok

hope it helps
can you show pics of the female fitting, as unless the 4500 has a long shroud the female will fit both nipples.
it will fit both.

and i will get mor info ok
:confused: If the female fitting will still fit both nipples, surley that defeats the object of what we are trying to achieve here ?

Who manufactures the original fittings ?
Cant the manufactures modify and make the male/female fitting(4500) 5mm longer , as so the original nipples(3000) cannot make the full connection to be gassed up ?

Or is the cost too much to the industry for that to happen ?

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
well the point if kind of that people can no longer accidently put 3k tanks on 4k fill rigs, i dont think anyone will be stupid enough to go out there way and put a new fill nipple on without thinking why they are doing it, and then realising its for 4.5k tanks as apposed to some people not reading the pressure and ramming 4.5 in there 3k

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
:confused: If the female fitting will still fit both nipples, surley that defeats the object of what we are trying to achieve here ?

Who manufactures the original fittings ?
Cant the manufactures modify and make the male/female fitting(4500) 5mm longer , as so the original nipples(3000) cannot make the full connection to be gassed up ?

Or is the cost too much to the industry for that to happen ?
The manufactureres could make any changes you want to any of their products, as long as you wanted enough, say 100,000 items of both male and female parts.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
The manufactureres could make any changes you want to any of their products, as long as you wanted enough, say 100,000 items of both male and female parts.
yeah, but initially, we'd not want that many females would we??? unless this is a world change plan?!

males we'd be after a lot of... but surely under 100 females in the uk :confused:

or have i missed something :eek: