Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA League - Running order

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Russ,

Looking at this rounds schedule and time slots against the original team list you posted has got me thinking .............

Now my question is:

What sort of logic is used to schedule these games and ther time slots as I’ve tried using the order of the list as it’s posted and even putting the in alphabetical order and still can not come up with any kind of rule of scheduling these? I then look across to div 2 and the unknown logic used in div one for schedule are completely different for div 2 ????????? WHY ???

Could you please post up the ordered list you are using (i would have thought alphabetical seems its the first event) and what logic is behind the scheduling and time slots as it looks all over the place and inconsistent across both divs which does not make any sense to me as you’d think they’d be identical being the same amount of teams are playing etc.
Stephen,

You have been warned about thinking many times, it just confuses your mind but in this case I will try and help:)
The only criteria I used in Division one was to make sure that the two division one favourites (in my eyes) played the last game in the final round.
The rest is done so teams can have a turn at the early finish.
I looked at the running order when I had done it and worked out a couple of teams will have a gap of three and half hours (over dinner) but it can not be done any other way and if you think logically about it it relates to doing your thirty odd games in five and a half hours so I think thats OK

Division Two was worked out ad hoc to be honest with a view to giving the teams who are travelling the furthest a chance of a early finish for this round.

I can post the next two rounds running orders up after I get back from Germany.

Russ

$tephenGiles

U.K.Killers
Jul 29, 2005
Telford
Visit site
I used in Division one was to make sure that the two division one favourites (in my eyes) played the last game in the final round.
and these are .................... :D

A little weird system you have there but interesting and unique at the least ;)