Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA Xball League 08

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
may i ask why the UK Masters has moved to ancaster? (if anyone knows that is). im not wanting to cause any fighting or arguments but its a bit crappy that UKM moved and has upset the PA (which has used ancaster for years now)

** again not wanting to get flamed, just thinking out loud **

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Well actually the PA was moving and so Ancaster was technically free
UKMasters moved as there are issues with the land the site was on
Was not helped by the muppets shooting passing trucks during the night
As Ancaster was "free" it was a sensible move.
Then of course the PA, had problems with their proposed site so decided to return to
Ancaster, then with the merger with the Super 4 series dates have to be realigned
Of course nothing is simple in paintball, but as the first date is in May, be patient.
Whatever JCS and Russ (The PA) have worked out will be mighty good and worth the wait.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
ancaster has 5 fields (i think i read that somewhere). couldnt the UKM use 3 and leave 2 for the PA ? just throwing the idea out there. dont flame me :)

The master and ourselves both need at least five fields and I could use seven because I will be doing everything on the same day because I don't want players to play to many events and they do 5 man on one day and the Xball lite on another they only use two fields on the Xball days of course.
We had officially left Ancaster to go to a new development in the midlands with the PA but with the collaboration of the PA along with JCS tournament events we needed a much bigger place and Ancaster was the obvious choice for us.

To be honest I did not realise the amount of days that Wendy would be using the site and I don't think the playing surface will cope.
I believe there are far to many dates proposed and only paintball will suffer.

Russ

markhamgreg

watching you
Nov 14, 2005
Russ,

There were plans to move the fields from there current position is that option still available?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Russ,

There were plans to move the fields from there current position is that option still available?
We are supposed to be going across the road to the new fields they are making but that has been on the cards for the last three years and we are only a bit nearer.
The trouble is the site is undertaking some serious development and there is only so much time in a day.

Russ

markhamgreg

watching you
Nov 14, 2005
I really hope that you can sort this because i believe without the PA paintball in the UK would really suffer. The competition and professionalism the tournament brings is second to none.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Russ if you create 5 Millennium 5 man fields and 2 seperate X- ball fields then you are sorted.
That would mean that the fields will be used 2 weeks out of 4
in some cases the fields will get hit one week have 6 days and get hit again but will have 3 weeks to recover before the next.
I think the x ball fields will stand that abuse, it's the 5 man that more of a worry.
If you made 6 x 5 man fields then you can run a rotation - Sparkie looks at the fields thursday and picks the best 4 fields to use that weekend.