Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pads

Trisy

May 4, 2004
Visit site
anyone got any experience with the dye and/or Eclipse knee and elbow pads?

Never really bothered with them in the past but my knees in particular aren't what they used to be.

Are the sizes pretty straight forward? Anything else I should know? Probably will get them second hand if I can.

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Never used any Dye pads but I've got 2 pairs of Eclipse Knee Pads and they're great. I've got quite big legs and the Large fit fine. Plenty of stretch in them without it being unconfortable.

As for the Eclipse Elbow Pads, I've got a pair but I only keep them for spare/loaners. I really can't get on with them. I like pads to feel secure and the Eclipse ones don't have any straps on them to hold them down, just elastic around the bicep so they never really stay in place. Also if I'm being honest the padding doesn't feel like it's up to much. I wouldn't feel confident taking a hard fall/slide on them. Personally I prefere Empire Elbow Pads. Velcro straps around the wrist and biceps to keep them in place and really nice padding. Mine have been beaten to **** for 2+ years, haven't fallen apart and still feel great.

Trisy

May 4, 2004
Visit site
Haven't seen any empire pads but the Dye elbow pads sound similar. Like the idea of having protection all the way along the forearm from the wrist to the elbow.

Nice to know they wear well. 2 years worth of wear is encouraging.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Out of the two, I'd say Eclipse for knee pads and die for arm pads. Worth a crack looking at the Laysick pads. I've been using them for this season and they're stupidly comfy and my knees or elbows haven't fallen off yet.

Trisy

May 4, 2004
Visit site
Out of the two, I'd say Eclipse for knee pads and die for arm pads. Worth a crack looking at the Laysick pads. I've been using them for this season and they're stupidly comfy and my knees or elbows haven't fallen off yet.
Thinking this is the best way to go. Eclipse knees and Dye elbows. haven't seen any second hand Dye bits yet.