Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint and my Geo 3.1 with IV Core

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
This maybe something that has been asked a lot, but I can't seem to find anything.

So I bought myself a Geo 3.1, which has a IV core installed I will be using it for the first time Saturday and as someone who was a DAM owner I am use to using GI Winter and have no idea if this is going to be ok to use in the Geo or should I use something else.

If anyone knows or would like to share what they use and offer any advice I am all ears.

Cheers in advance

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
I have used gi winter in a LV1 and a gtek and its really good paint. The geo should have no problem with it at all especially with the iv core in it. I think there are 2 tips for it but wouldnt be able to recommend one over the other for you although the gtek has a hard face and never broke one.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I have used gi winter in a LV1 and a gtek and its really good paint. The geo should have no problem with it at all especially with the iv core in it. I think there are 2 tips for it but wouldnt be able to recommend one over the other for you although the gtek has a hard face and never broke one.
I'm all ears on the tips and I was hoping that my Geo wouldn't have an issue with winter, as I also have a TGR and use winter in that

maxxon

Feb 20, 2015
Espoo, Finland
I've never bothered with the soft tip bolt on my Geo 3 and I've never had problems with any paint.

But I do generally keep the SFR dialed down.

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I've never bothered with the soft tip bolt on my Geo 3 and I've never had problems with any paint.

But I do generally keep the SFR dialed down.
Tbh I haven't really started to take it apart and look at how it does its thing, I did with the DAM and after 2 years knew it well enough I could trouble shoot my way around it and I know given time I will be the same with my Geo but for now I am just wearing my Geo "L" plates and going back to basics so any advice really is welcomed and I am pleased to hear paint isn't an issue.

As my mate has an XVR and those things fling paint straight and true no matter how naff it is and I can only hope my Geo will do the same (y)

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I’ve got a couple of 3.5 ‘s and use GI winter quite a lot in the colder months.
It’s great winter paint, geo’s never miss a beat with it.
I use a matching colour planet freak back and last weekend GI winter was fine with 687 insert.
Not used soft tip bolt, the metal one work fine for me.
I keep the SFA turned to 3 o clock, maintenance is easy(plenty videos around).
Keep the board clear of paint, strip it if your shot in the trigger area as paint splatters up inside and battery sensor is behind trigger.
Enjoy

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
I’ve got a couple of 3.5 ‘s and use GI winter quite a lot in the colder months.
It’s great winter paint, geo’s never miss a beat with it.
I use a matching colour planet freak back and last weekend GI winter was fine with 687 insert.
Not used soft tip bolt, the metal one work fine for me.
I keep the SFA turned to 3 o clock, maintenance is easy(plenty videos around).
Keep the board clear of paint, strip it if your shot in the trigger area as paint splatters up inside and battery sensor is behind trigger.
Enjoy
Cheers for that I run winter on Saturday and as you said strip down was dead easy.

All in all I am really pleased with it, but now have to learn how to play with it as its so different to my old DAM and I definitely need a smaller tank as my 1.5 is far too big for me to use on it

Tommo_Thomson

May 29, 2017
Haverhill
Cheers for the info, but I'm not so keen on these as my mate has one and they weigh more than I want them to.

I'm considering an FS Hero with FS reg, I already use an FS reg on my Dye UL tank and it's a good combo so should be great on an FS tank

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I went for the Dye ultra light 1.2l 4500 with a ninja pro reg great light combination 1 shim in is 450 psi ideal for GEO’s