Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paint at the masters

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
last time i played the masters (january) after a game we had a marshall tell us that the paint we were shooting was solid because 1 of our guys shot him up a bit... low and behold we were shooting chronic :O ahhh cant wait to get back down :D

Docjay

Apr 8, 2004
Stafford
There are so many things that affect the way paint breaks. Temperature, humidity, the way it's been kept, if you've rotated the stuff you've been carrying in your pack since the first game. We have always tried to match our paint to the conditions, We always treat it well and We've always shot ZAP Chronic or 420 in tournaments because we want paint to burst first time. I always remember what I was told when I first started playing. Cheap hard paint is a false economy as you have to shoot twice as much to get the same eliminations

graeme_b

Jul 3, 2006
Another thing was that the weather was changing during the day, one minute warm, next it was raining! We (Rednal raiders, who i guested for) were quite lucky with all 3 of the paints we used (Cryptic, Chronic and Blaze) as all 3 broke when we wanted it to!!! Only had one problem, which was when i had one break and "Chronic soup" started pouring out my barrel!!!!

loz 40

Jan 20, 2004
Leicester
Visit site
Ok, now I have had a nice night's beauty sleep in my big pink lacy heart-shaped bed surrounded by stuffed toys and frou-frous, done my make-up and got my hair just right I feel able to raise my limp wrists to the keyboard and address a couple of the points raised above. No shouting though or I'll cry:(

Rec paint and tourney paint are designed for two different purposes. Rec paint is harder, both to go through ropey old site guns without the marshals having to spend all day cleaning breeches and barrels, and to increase margins as every ball that bounces is another 6p in the pot at the end of the day. I marshalled rec sites for years and come the 'welt of the day' competition you see better bruises on rental players that we see in tournaments, even through a boiler suit and several layers of clothing. Sure, it won't 'injure' anyone but it's no picnic, and site guns are usually running a little slower and only fire a few balls at a time so people rarely get hosed off the field.
For a tournament most teams spend time trying to select a paint that gives the right balance of durability in the hopper and gun and breakability at the far end of the field, and whilst you do run across some harder paints the teams using it are usually cursing their lack of early eliminations and swearing to switch next time. The other time it happens is when rec paint is all they can afford, but when you're getting your paint out of a van with Powerball on the side that seems less likely. Look at the top players- they run as close to the line as possible and every top team out there can talk about an event when the paint wasn't right and they spent the day making crispy soup.
To use a harder ball in a competition, with guns shooting 15bps (or so;)) is either a sign of really crappy guns, poor judgement or sufficient lack of respect for your opponents that you don't need to try for kills on the break, as you know you'll roll them anyway. Add a team of ringers and an attitude not usually seen in a normally friendly but competitive division and you make no friends for team or sponsors in the process:mad:
As to the idea that 'ballers are now softer compared to the 'good old days', that's horse**** of the highest order. Just look at pics of NPPL players coming off the field looking like orange sculptures and mugging each other with 'legal' guns at point blank and tell me that's soft. Applying the same treatment to novice players and telling them to suck it up if they don't like it is a different matter, and hardly a way to encourage new players into the sport.
I'm sure this issue will either be ignored or we'll have outraged protestations of innocence mixed with contempt for sissy players who can't take a pasting, but the results on the day and the experience of the teams playing the event can't be denied. Many thanks to both Simon and Powerball for a lesson in big boy's paintball, we sure learned something:)

Right, I'm off to take my pink poodle for a mince down the park.
Sorry its taken me a little while to reply but i had to take my Bull Terriers to the vets to have Poodle bones removed from their throats after an unpleasant incident at the park.

I dont know which crap sites you have worked at but we dont use ropey old guns i renewed all mine last year with mk2 infernos, and the guns i replaced were only two years old.
As i type i have the new mk3 version on order and along with new guns i replace my goggles every year and have just taken delivery of 300 replacement lenses to make sure no one gets scratched ones.

Not all site operators are driven by the till and if customers shoot people and paint bounces they complain.

My Marshalls check every gun after each game before the customers uses it again but with quality paint they dont have to do many barrels or breeches.

If the paint is so hard causing lots of bouncers how do the teams using it win both my teams were shooting Rec and both managed 3rd place finishes. The kids team having 7 wins in a row in KOTH and Rebellion winning 8 games in div 3.

Simon Cole and Powerball are one of the most professional companies i have dealt with in this industry and take the quality of their products very seriously.

PBA Dogs Simons teams were in Div 2 and Div 4 the Div 4 team had Simon plus another experienced player the others were a site operator and his staff. Simon uses the PBA Dogs as a way of giving his customers a day out playing as a thankyou from Powerball. The other team in Div 2 also had a site operator playing both teams shooting the same paint any Div 2 teams complaining?

The organiser of the tourny decides which divs which teams go in one PBA team had gained promotion to div 2 the other was unseeded.

There were other teams playing on Sunday who could be accused of being in the wrong Div but its the way it is.

Loz Reynolds

Sorry its taken me a little while to reply but i had to take my Bull Terriers to the vets to have Poodle bones removed from their throats after an unpleasant incident at the park.

I dont know which crap sites you have worked at but we dont use ropey old guns i renewed all mine last year with mk2 infernos, and the guns i replaced were only two years old.
As i type i have the new mk3 version on order and along with new guns i replace my goggles every year and have just taken delivery of 300 replacement lenses to make sure no one gets scratched ones.

Regardless of what 'mark' of gun they are, its still a blowback, its still a rough way to get a ball to 280fps.
For that reason Rental paint needs to be that much tougher.

The stress required to break a paintball is cumulative. So it may break on impact every time through a rental gun. But If you take that paint and fire it through a well setup tournament gun, its far less likely to break on impact.

Its madness to take rental paint to a tourney.
And shows what a bad state of affairs our scene is in, that someone can come along and do relatively well with paint like that.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
As to the idea that 'ballers are now softer compared to the 'good old days', that's horse**** of the highest order.

Oh, I don't know - seeing as we don't get Marshals physically pushed and even punched for daring to call a player out, Players given death threats because their team dared to play better than an "established" team, Players regularly using gun cheats or hidden allen keys to achieve "extra range" by cranking their guns to 350fps or more. and any accusations of cheating or any other dispute settled on the field or car park using 16" Brass J&J Barrels like it was in the "Good ol' days".

Yeah, we've gotten soft.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Oh, I don't know - seeing as we don't get Marshals physically pushed and even punched for daring to call a player out, Players given death threats because their team dared to play better than an "established" team, Players regularly using gun cheats or hidden allen keys to achieve "extra range" by cranking their guns to 350fps or more. and any accusations of cheating or any other dispute settled on the field or car park using 16" Brass J&J Barrels like it was in the "Good ol' days".

Yeah, we've gotten soft.
Or maybe there are just less nobs playing now.

O

ollytheosteo

Yeah, we've gotten soft.
True;)

loz 40

Jan 20, 2004
Leicester
Visit site
Regardless of what 'mark' of gun they are, its still a blowback, its still a rough way to get a ball to 280fps.
For that reason Rental paint needs to be that much tougher.

The stress required to break a paintball is cumulative. So it may break on impact every time through a rental gun. But If you take that paint and fire it through a well setup tournament gun, its far less likely to break on impact.

Its madness to take rental paint to a tourney.
And shows what a bad state of affairs our scene is in, that someone can come along and do relatively well with paint like that.
Ok there blowbacks but there not ropey old blowbacks!

What about the teams there on Sunday shooting winter ICE style paint and there were a few, much thicker shell wall than Rec.

Why is it far less likely to break on impact from a tourney gun if the fps is the same?

My teams playing had a few cases of Marbalizer with them to try and the teams they shot with that complained the fill was thick and nasty.

So losing teams bitch about hard paint, messy paint, dark shelled paint, what can we use pink was banned for a while its pathetic.

Marbalizer is a top grade paint made for tourneys yet ppl were bitchin about it.

Ive seen clear hoppers outlawed.

Padded playing gear banned or pads have to be cut out.

Certain studs on cleats not allowed.

Some forms of neck protection not allowed.

Wheres it gonna end?

Loz

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
this thread was started about paint that stains,if you think its pathetic "bitching" about that you must not mind having trouble cleaning your gear.As for hard paint thats another point that players have a right to voice there opinions about seen as they are one the other end of it!its no good taking the view that ...oh its ok were shooting it not being shot by it!!