The Home Of European Paintball

paint at the masters

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
anyone bitching about getting shot with marb is in the wrong game
thats a top paint. suck it up. are you there to get hugged and stay clean, or get shot (well, hpefully not too much of course) and get down and dirty in the mud ?

if you aint into pain / dirtyness and cleaning, then this isnt for you...

baker21

Wolf City Union
Nov 26, 2005
west midlands
Visit site
if you aint into pain / dirtyness and cleaning, then this isnt for you...
doesnt bother me in the least mate,getting shot sometimes hurts but hey its part of the game i just like to be able wash the paint out of my gear and off myself at the end of it!

loz 40

Jan 20, 2004
Leicester
Visit site
From Simon Cole of Powerball by Proxy!

Fao Olly Bell

Dear Olly

Lawrence Reynolds of Rebel Sports has made me aware of your comments and has suggested I should reply.

Olly, I have always had the highest regard for you and I am very sorry that u feel insulted personally, and physically injured ,allow me to address each point separately.

1. You will recall as we walked off the field you stated to me that, and I am quoting u here “ Simon you should look at your paint I got hit at least 6 times on the breakout it hurt like hell and only one broke”. I then replied that I knew it was a bit firm as it was a field grade paint combined with it being a warm afternoon. I then followed this with what I thought was a tongue in check comment about your size being a factor in this. I belive you to have broad enough shoulders to take this as the light hearted comment it was intended to be, clearly I was mistaken and I am sorry you felt insulted.
I will add however that I heard u say to your team mate “ Well if they have to win like that then so be it” ,what did you mean by that ?
The cold clear facts are our paintballs hit you and your team mates, burst on you, eliminated you from the game and we hung the flag. It is no more sinister or complicated than that.

2. As regards to the sandbagging as you call it, my team consists of a number of very experienced players albeit all of us are a bit long in the tooth, most playing in div 2 on Sunday. The team which played in div 4 consisted of 3 of those players including myself, more importantly the 4th and 5th players were clients of Powerball. Whilst they do play competition Paintball there experience is extremely limited.
It is also worth noting that this team did win the majority of our games, were obviously the paint must have burst on the opposition clearly indicating that this paint is not the weapon of mass destruction you imply.

Both I and Powerball take great care and are extremely proud of our product, we are the experts we claim to be, customer satisfaction is our primary goal. I sell literally millions of paintballs every week, and if I did not make a quality product I assure you my customers would have no hesitation in letting me know.
I take all criticism as constructive and I will do so in this case but its only fair to say I will heed my customers comments, people who have operated highly succesfull paintball fields and have a depth of knowledge far in excess of yours or indeed mine, and at the moment Olly they like my paintballs!

Perhaps in the future you would do me the curtosy of telephoning me to discuss any issues you may have as opposed to “ this slander fest” on the internet.

Nevertheless I am still very sorry your feelings have been hurt, I am now acutely aware of your sensitivities and I will make every effort to ensure it does not happen again. My very best wishes to you .

Simon Richards Cole

Regional sales manager Powerball Ltd.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
2. As regards to the sandbagging as you call it, my team consists of a number of very experienced players albeit all of us are a bit long in the tooth, most playing in div 2 on Sunday. The team which played in div 4 consisted of 3 of those players including myself, more importantly the 4th and 5th players were clients of Powerball. Whilst they do play competition Paintball there experience is extremely limited.
It is also worth noting that this team did win the majority of our games, were obviously the paint must have burst on the opposition clearly indicating that this paint is not the weapon of mass destruction you imply.
So what you're saying is that 3 out of 5 players in Div 4 were very experienced, such as Simon who I believe played for the Tigers as well as the Vipers? So that's 3 very experienced players.

Plus 2 people who have 'limited tourney experience'

So in other words, 3 Div 1/2 players and 2 Div 4 players?

Sounds like sandbagging to me :rolleyes:

O

ollytheosteo

Fao Olly Bell

Dear Olly

Lawrence Reynolds of Rebel Sports has made me aware of your comments and has suggested I should reply.

Olly, I have always had the highest regard for you and I am very sorry that u feel insulted personally, and physically injured ,allow me to address each point separately.
Nevertheless I am still very sorry your feelings have been hurt, I am now acutely aware of your sensitivities and I will make every effort to ensure it does not happen again. My very best wishes to you .

Simon Richards Cole

Regional sales manager Powerball Ltd.
Sure is a true old school response, with thinly veiled insults and a complete lack of any actual remorse for sandbagging in Div 4. Try reading my posts again and do please quote me on when I said I was injured? I have been shot enough times in my life that it rarely bothers me enough to make an issue of it, and half a dozen bouncers won't cross my eyes in the least:rolleyes:
And well edited, as you older chaps:rolleyes: obviously have trouble remembering stuff I asked you about the paint and you replied with the (fair if rude and in no way 'light-hearted', nice try though) comment about my weight first, then told me it was a rec ball as you headed off the field at some speed. As for the overly elaborate apology and silly stuff about my feelings being hurt that's just childish sarcasm, again very old school I suppose to resort to insults when you don't have a leg to stand on.
As for slander, well, I'd be careful how you apply that term; you were using rec paint and to quote you 'The team which played in div 4 consisted of 3 of those players [Div2] including myself, more importantly the 4th and 5th players were clients of Powerball.' So, in other words you were sandbagging, albeit in the interests of offering your clients a nice day of goobershooting with a trophy at the end of it. Slander only applies if it isn't true;)
As for the whole 'why not talk to me about this' idea, well, I tried, only to have my feelings hurt so badly I had to go and have a cry behind the loos:( I'm sure the decent thing to do would be to swallow my ire and let it go, and I was pretty much prepared to until Loz came on quoting all that 'big boy' bollocks, which sounds like every bully I ever heard justify their excesses by saying it's just a bit of fun and only wimps would object.

I've no problem with the paint Powerball produces, and haven't said anything to that effect:confused: I've not tried Sterling myself but I hear good things about it, but right tool for the job, eh? Don't try and change the subject; at no time have I ever suggested Powerball produce poor paint, I just object to the use to which it's put.

The sad thing is I had a lot of respect for you as a player who's been there and done that at every level of the sport and has been around pretty much as long as UK paintball. Just seems a bit of a come down from the Mayhem Tigers to shooting Noobs in Div 4 of the Masters with two Div 2 mates next to you in the interest of corporate entertainment:(:confused: