Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint balling advice

Jestar

Jun 15, 2009
Tonbridge
On the glasses front I wear them and found a set of grillz or JT Flex are great.

I did try wearing contacts with goggles and found that had more problems than without.

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
The mask is the only real issue really. I don't have any paintball shops near to me that I can just walk into and try stuff on (Derby area).
Unfortunately my eye sight is terrible without glasses (I can maybe see up to a foot infront of me before everything's blurred, I'd be a sitting duck if I was to part with them. That or shoot my team haha)
I am due for a new set though, so I'll probably look into possibly contact lenses or a small pair without the anti glare on them.

The whole turning up to a walk on makes me very anxious. I think I'd like to get a little more comfortable with everything before I turned up to somewhere people play properly.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The whole turning up to a walk on makes me very anxious. I think I'd like to get a little more comfortable with everything before I turned up to somewhere people play properly.
Nah as burly and macho as we all sound ..... ahem! You'll find most paintballers will be chilled out tea (or beer) drinking, bacon sarnie eating, like minded people from all walks of life. In fact, if you start a few threads in the relevant sections, you could ask who is going to the next walkon you fancy going to, and wouldnt mind letting you tag along and check out some kit. If you are polite and ply them with cake and caffeine, most would let you shoot a few paintballs over the chrono. I certainly wouldnt mind.

Also, havent worn a set for a very long time, but these were always pretty big werent they?

http://www.lips-paintball.com/acatalog/VF-Profiler-Black-660.html#.UpZeu8RdXMs

Big as in the lens part I mean.

Reactions: Spittlez

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Nah as burly and macho as we all sound ..... ahem! You'll find most paintballers will be chilled out tea (or beer) drinking, bacon sarnie eating, like minded people from all walks of life. In fact, if you start a few threads in the relevant sections, you could ask who is going to the next walkon you fancy going to, and wouldnt mind letting you tag along and check out some kit. If you are polite and ply them with cake and caffeine, most would let you shoot a few paintballs over the chrono. I certainly wouldnt mind.

Also, havent worn a set for a very long time, but these were always pretty big werent they?

http://www.lips-paintball.com/acatalog/VF-Profiler-Black-660.html#.UpZeu8RdXMs

Big as in the lens part I mean.
Haha even still. I'm very much a noob, and I don't want to be getting into paintballing conversations when I know zilch on the subject :p It'll just end up in me being embarrassed.

Okay cheers :p I never really had a problem with the generic masks you get at most centers, just took a little bit of jigging to get my glasses in their comfortably :p

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
I think I'll just keep my eye out for a second hand big pair. I still have a few weeks to sort all this stuff out, so I'm in no real rush.