Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint / Bore Sizing Options - Please vote!

What would you recommend?

• Freak kit with standard 16" tip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freak kit with 16" carbon tip

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
I'm after some opinion on the best options for barrel bore sizing...

I'm getting a Geo 3.1 in Vamped and am weighing up several options...

At the moment I have a lucky 15s barrel set (3x 15 inch barrels bore sizes 693 / 689 / 685)

Should I get the additional 2 shaft 4 back sizes to go with the 689 that comes with the Geo?

Should I get a freak kit? If yes standard barrel tip or carbon and in what size? And which size inserts am I likely to need most often as I don't fancy buying 10 if I'm going to only use 3?

Whichever option I take I'm going to get them anno'd to match the marker (Vamped)

(Mainly playing sup air and using Marb and Evil paint)

Please vote and any further feedback is welcomed :)

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Shaft 4 685 back seems to suit most quality paints about nowadays.
I hardly ever use the 689 or 681 backs I have ,tried Deadly wind and freak kit but prefer shaft 4 barrels.
They just seem to be better quality and it's what the marker was designed to use.
Quieter,more accurate,better chrono consistency and just look better on what is an expensive marker.
I bought an Apex tip section to use with the backs, not played with it much, but fun for those trick shots during days in the woods.

Reactions: Adam Axford

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Same here- One barrel size for everything. Personally, I go 689 for every paint and condition. Saw a lot of people at mills perfectly match their bore/paint and then have major problems all day as it swelled in the damp conditions. Overboring slightly makes life much simpler...

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Always use the .690 insert of my freak kit as it matches the colour of my gun :eek:)

Heard loads abour under bore being more efficient. Nothing wrong with the way I like it so don;t even bother to try....

Wingy...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
There are theories, facts and points of view to support all of over, under, precise, and close to bore match

If going for precise or close matching you want as many sizes as possible, and as mentioned above should recheck during the day

Otherwise stick to one general purpose size, or collect a range of sizes and barrels.
If it's worth it for your money get the full range. You won't realy use them but you have the option. It's contradictory to say you need a barrel size kit and then only get a small range of sizes
If you only need a small range and make do with a good or closest match then you can just as well get a small range of barrels

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
My favorite barrel of all time was a 14" .691 Boomstick. That ate everything I could throw through it. Now with my geo 3.1 I had the stock barrel, and just added the barrel boost 2 pack. Those should cover 99% of the paint out there. As long as it's not too undersized, then you're chopping like mad, too far over and you don't get a great barrel to ball seal and FPS bounces around too much.

I'd put a ball in the back of the barrel, it should sit in the back without rolling out, blow through it and if it hits the ground and breaks open, you're good to go.