Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint getting jammed in feeder neck... PROBLEM

Leight182

Apr 2, 2013
I regularly get paintballs stuck just before they enter the chamber were the eyes are on my DM06 it's as if the necks to tight around the hopper? I've tried loosening it but it just ends up spinning around. If anyone has a suggestion as to something I could try would be much help.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Can the paint come out of the hopper if it isn't attached to the marker? Also, are you using a good quality, fresh batch of paint? Old paint which has been exposed to moisture etc will have swollen and often jams in hoppers.

Reactions: Leight182

Leight182

Apr 2, 2013
Can the paint come out of the hopper if it isn't attached to the marker? Also, are you using a good quality, fresh batch of paint? Old paint which has been exposed to moisture etc will have swollen and often jams in hoppers.
Yeah it will come out of the hopper perfectly no hassle I think it could have been slightly moist even though it was sealed bags was from a site i go to.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah it will come out of the hopper perfectly no hassle I think it could have been slightly moist even though it was sealed bags was from a site i go to.
Okay well if it makes it out of the hopper okay then it should do the same in the feedneck of your gun. This would only change if your feedneck was badly damaged because as you tighten down your feedneck, it could compress and it would be too narrow to allow the paint to pass out. With an undamaged feedneck, it should not compress at all.
If you think the paint may have been affected then I'd try it again with some fresh paint. The feedneck of your hopper is the narrowest point really so if it can get through that, it should definitely make it in to the breech of your gun. I suppose you can test that really simply by just dropping paintballs in to your gun by hand and making sure they fit okay. Obviously doing this you can make sure that there is no debris in your feedneck that could be blocking it.

Sorry if some of these suggestions seem patronising but i hope this helps :)

Leight182

Apr 2, 2013
Okay well if it makes it out of the hopper okay then it should do the same in the feedneck of your gun. This would only change if your feedneck was badly damaged because as you tighten down your feedneck, it could compress and it would be too narrow to allow the paint to pass out. With an undamaged feedneck, it should not compress at all.
If you think the paint may have been affected then I'd try it again with some fresh paint. The feedneck of your hopper is the narrowest point really so if it can get through that, it should definitely make it in to the breech of your gun. I suppose you can test that really simply by just dropping paintballs in to your gun by hand and making sure they fit okay. Obviously doing this you can make sure that there is no debris in your feedneck that could be blocking it.

Sorry if some of these suggestions seem patronising but i hope this helps :)

No not at all mate thanks for the advice, I'm slightly new to the game so still working out hiccups :) thanks for the help!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`ve loaned out a few hoppers over the years, and twice I`ve found the hopper feedneck crushed because the guys cranked too tight on the gun feedneck, this could also be a reason. you only need to tighten enough to grip the hopper from swinging out of alignment with the gun.

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
If you have a hopper that will feed balls without the marker being fired you could attach the hopper, remove any detents, make sure the bolt is in the rear position and then see if the balls can be pushed by the hopper through the marker. Shouldn't need a barrel attached and definately a de-gassed marker. then you might see where the jam occurs then.

Reactions: Care_Bears

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
I`ve loaned out a few hoppers over the years, and twice I`ve found the hopper feedneck crushed because the guys cranked too tight on the gun feedneck, this could also be a reason. you only need to tighten enough to grip the hopper from swinging out of alignment with the gun.
In summary then, don't grip your tube too tight or you could cause ball issues later on in life :p