Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint or gear?

ceryni

Claret for lunch? Why not?!
Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
exactly, look on websites though and paint prices are going up. less demand higher prices.
I actually have a geo which i always use on semi, but im picking up an old ego as well because i miss my other 06 so much.

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I buy both because i have a half decent job and can afford to pay my mortgage and have change left over (as do alot of people), i also love most aspects of paintball including the buying and trying of different gear. Im not sure if i believe that paint prices are going up because of less demand, surely one of the main contributers to paint usage is sup air, which seems to be growing. Im afraid everything goes up in price eventually, my girlfriend for example....
AlSo i use ramping as a form of capping my fire when using my mini, i set it to a nice slow ramp and i save paint, set it to semi an i use more because i get excited. People moaning about ramp is strange because its just paintball moving with the times, if you dont like ramp dont use it, not everyone owns a marker where semi can be capped. but i believe if semi was unlimited people starting would be put off playing, i remember my first walkon and if theres was guys shooting 15 to 20 semi and id never walked a trigger before i would have been miffed, payed £20 green fee to sit in a dead box. Atleast with ramp its an easy way to watch rates of fire to keep the game as fair as possible, whether your experienced or new.
Thats the end of my rant. X

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
I see your point in making it fair by putting ramping in, but its taken abit of skill out of the game. You want something to strive towards, and i remember when i started it was, i wana walk the trigger like a badass, now its just, shoot 3 times and press it every so often and boom, it shoots 3 balls for me lol (ok not quite like that but you get my drift)

And you say, if i dont like it, take it off, but i like the tornament scene, i like playing sup air, but to do so means i have to play with ramping. Whats the cap at the moment? every time i check it seems to have gone down, something like 10.5 bps right? I learnt to walk the trigger properly, i can shoot 15-20 bps and thats what i want to do, i dont really care about it emptying my hopper quickly, its alot more fun knowing your the person making that happen, and not some electronics in your gun because your too bad to do it yourself. I think taking off ramping is more a satisfaction want rather than a need, but i know alot of people that dont like it because its taken part of the skill out of the game.

But Amen to that girlfriend bit, you kids think paintball is expensive, try having a 2nd half, emptying my bank account is an understatement!

ceryni

Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
What i mean by ramping, is cap it for walkons and div 4/5, but Div 3 upwards should rely on skillful use of your marker in my opinion. By all means cap you ROF on recball days to 10.5 bps ramping or semi- your preference. If you prefer to use semi, you're probably the experienced player that should be capped to 10.5 semi, but in the tournament scene, i think some tournaments should have the option of semi only uncapped, and not have an industry standard for ramping. That's how it used to be isnt it?

Reactions: Dup

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I doubt gear has got better that much. I shoot a brace of 05 Intimidators, and all that's modern about them is a Rabies code flash on the boards to keep up with rules. I've played with Geos, DMs and Modern Ego, and still prefer my Timmies....

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
And, extra bonus, never paid more than £85 for a marker! As timmies are less fashionable, and you need to make an effort to source spares, they are often available cheap and in need of repair. My favourite cost me £85, and was sold as broken because it fired funny - it was set in PSP mode and worked fine.....

Apart froma few ounces and a little efficienct, they do everything a 2012 model will do, and for £100s less...

Same goes for hopper - I had a rotor and needed cash, so sold it. I now have a pair of Reloaders, which feed 10bps just fine and cost me about £25 each.

Even bottles are good old steelies. They are small and light and cheap - and I rarely see a 4500psi fill these days. They're good enough for a game or two - and I only really play 5man, so no need for more...

I think people forget that companies produice, and pro-players use, new kit every season because they need to, not because they are genuinely improved.

ceryni

Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
And, extra bonus, never paid more than £85 for a marker! As timmies are less fashionable, and you need to make an effort to source spares, they are often available cheap and in need of repair. My favourite cost me £85, and was sold as broken because it fired funny - it was set in PSP mode and worked fine.....

Apart froma few ounces and a little efficienct, they do everything a 2012 model will do, and for £100s less...

Same goes for hopper - I had a rotor and needed cash, so sold it. I now have a pair of Reloaders, which feed 10bps just fine and cost me about £25 each.

Even bottles are good old steelies. They are small and light and cheap - and I rarely see a 4500psi fill these days. They're good enough for a game or two - and I only really play 5man, so no need for more...

I think people forget that companies produice, and pro-players use, new kit every season because they need to, not because they are genuinely improved.
Spot on what i'm getting at. I really want a timmy for the record. In particular been trying to hunt down an 2k6 empire 2 intimidator in red :)

like this one:

Last edited: