Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
keeping thinking my backup pm8 might as well be my main only playing woodsball
and put the money from my ego to better use

Rmac1990

Inverness ICE PMGWC #25
May 4, 2011
Inverness/ Fareham
Last tournament i played at, ramping saved the team who were on their last legs. 2 on 1 (i think) the last player clearly couldn't shoot with his left hand, so by just 'tea serving' the gat and pressing rapidly with one finger on his right hand got the ramping going and managed to give him the rate of fire out the left of his bunker to then get a player on that side cornering him. made me feel sick watching it.

Hate the ****, should be back to semi, thats a skill.

Reactions: Dup and Slippy

ceryni

Claret for lunch? Why not?!
Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
2k4/5 is sweet, wish i had one :)
as for PM8, heard they're good. wouldnt mind trying one out one day

Last edited:

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Last tournament i played at, ramping saved the team who were on their last legs. 2 on 1 (i think) the last player clearly couldn't shoot with his left hand, so by just 'tea serving' the gat and pressing rapidly with one finger on his right hand got the ramping going and managed to give him the rate of fire out the left of his bunker to then get a player on that side cornering him. made me feel sick watching it.

When i play, (isn't too often at the moment), I only use Semi makes a lot less chance of overshooting (In My Opinion) and makes the game more skillful.
I enjoy shooting semi as opposed to ramping but i haven't played any tournament yet so this may change...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk

You have just shown an argument both in support of and against ramping.

In support of ramping - as a tool that assisted a lone player supporting their weaker hand against higher odds.

Anti ramping - relying on a mode to replace a skill that player possibly did not have with their other hand.

But was it purely the ramped rate of fire that did it?
He had the presence of mind to use his right finger to trigger ramping, doesn't this show some skill / technique to make up for his lack of ability on the left. Hopefully he used the experience to put in more practice on his left.

A sustained rate of fire puts out a long stream of paint with small gaps between each ball. You also need to be able to sustain this and keep loading the paint

ceryni

Claret for lunch? Why not?!
Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
MY point is, that there should be more semi-only tournaments out there. not just ramping as a standard.

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
In support of ramping - as a tool that assisted a lone player supporting their weaker hand against higher odds.
no, he wasnt supporting ramping, he was saying that the played couldnt shoot left handed to save his life, but because of electronics he was ok. This involved no skill and for that, he should have lost. Ramping made a bad player think he is good. It also makes him not bother to learn to shoot properly left handed if he knows the gun will do all the work.

He said he felt sick watching because he wanted the kid to get his ass kicked :p

Reactions: ceryni

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
no, he wasnt supporting ramping, he was saying that the played couldnt shoot left handed to save his life, but because of electronics he was ok. This involved no skill and for that, he should have lost. Ramping made a bad player think he is good. It also makes him not bother to learn to shoot properly left handed if he knows the gun will do all the work.

He said he felt sick watching because he wanted the kid to get his ass kicked :p
I understood what he was saying. The point I was making was that the example could be interpreted in two ways

Was the kid really less capable just because he did not practice with his left hand, and it was noted that ramping was used to enhance his left shooting. This implies to me that he was capable with right shooting.
Perhaps the kid is not so lazy and walked away feeling he had got lucky by using his right finger to start the ramping and will concentrate on left practice

If ramping was the only thing that saved the game then how come 2 players opposing him could not use their skills and the advantage of numbers and co-operation to outnumber him. Perhaps the player to the left make the sacrifice and the player at the right taking advantage to bunker him before he swaps back.
Or the player on his left thought he had an advantage over the player and tried to bunker him but got caught out by his forethougt to use the skills he had by using a finger from his other hand

A final thought - it is assumed the player had poor skills with his left hand. Perhaps he is a Paralympic paintballer with partial use of his hand, perhaps on the way he saw a crash on the motorway and personally saved a mini bus load of toddlers, but one of them bit his hand as he dragged them to safety
Perhaps the above is bollocks, but I was offering an alternate interpretation of the example