Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint or gear?

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
Was the kid really less capable just because he did not practice with his left hand,
yes

any monkey can shoot a gun ramping, my 4 year old cousin did it with mine.

Theres also no such thing as a paralympic paintballer because paintball is not an olypmic sport, so were all good on that front!! (im a ******* i know)

The point trying to be made was, he should have lost because he was too lazy to learn how to use his left hand, but because of ramping he managed to win, if he was paralytically disabled then fair enough, but ramping was not made intentionally for people with disabilities, it was made for people who cant walk the trigger in an attempt to make the game fair. IF they want to cap it to 10.5 bps, then make it Capped Semi is all im saying. At least theres some skill involved in that.

Lets make an analogy, cause theyre fun! Lets take....basketball for example. They dont have a maximum distance you can throw the ball in to the hoop from do they (bar the size of the court) ...however the smaller, weaker players will not be able to throw that far, but some people, that put the time and effort into training and making sure they can, are perfectly capable and do it. Now, if they said, you can only throw the ball from 10 feet away, that would be highly stupid and take the skill out of doing long shots wouldnt it. Makes it fair for the weaker players because now they can compete with the stronger ones, but.....its the weaker players fault for not bothering to train.
Same applies to paintball, hopefully you understand from the analogy :)

ceryni

Claret for lunch? Why not?!
Aug 20, 2009
Ipswich
I think both posts are equally important. In my opinion we need more variety, like a semi capped tournament mode and a rammed capped tournament mode. perhaps cap the semi to 13.5 bps like the yanks and have the rammed capped to 10.5 bps millenium.
But I think we're also a bit off topic haha :D

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Ramping, as I understand it, came in to level the playing field as it was almost impossible to police semi. I know I could do all sorts of things with the custom ramp modes on my Timmy's to make it appear they were shooting semi whilst ramping.....

Ty90

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 18, 2012
Northamptonshire
yes

any monkey can shoot a gun ramping, my 4 year old cousin did it with mine.

Theres also no such thing as a paralympic paintballer because paintball is not an olypmic sport, so were all good on that front!! (im a ******* i know)

The point trying to be made was, he should have lost because he was too lazy to learn how to use his left hand, but because of ramping he managed to win, if he was paralytically disabled then fair enough, but ramping was not made intentionally for people with disabilities, it was made for people who cant walk the trigger in an attempt to make the game fair. IF they want to cap it to 10.5 bps, then make it Capped Semi is all im saying. At least theres some skill involved in that.

Lets make an analogy, cause theyre fun! Lets take....basketball for example. They dont have a maximum distance you can throw the ball in to the hoop from do they (bar the size of the court) ...however the smaller, weaker players will not be able to throw that far, but some people, that put the time and effort into training and making sure they can, are perfectly capable and do it. Now, if they said, you can only throw the ball from 10 feet away, that would be highly stupid and take the skill out of doing long shots wouldnt it. Makes it fair for the weaker players because now they can compete with the stronger ones, but.....its the weaker players fault for not bothering to train.
Same applies to paintball, hopefully you understand from the analogy :)

Quite an anal-ogy there. I understand what your saying, but if it annoys people that much why don't they use it themselves?

Could be put down to having an off day. In the event of not being able to get a decent walk, ramping is there to save the day ;)

On a serious note though, ramping is a way of making inexperienced ballers feel they can keep up with the ones that can walk a trigger like there's no tomorrow.