Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paint prices

xBOOMERx

Aug 19, 2002
harrogate
Visit site
yeah davo its me from men with hill. i will be there on the 15th of feb, the date kept getting pushed back due to family business but i have the ticket in my hand and it say feb 15 so i will be there. rest assured we will meet up when im there

cheers
boomer

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Originally posted by le-pig
£100 per case

where was that:(
Most of the rec sites I've been to seem to charge £6x100 or a case for £100. Local site we have used once had a group of us turn up for a private evening game and hand over £4500 for paint for the evening. Thats why I started playing tourny...it's cheaper.

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
I know one site i have played at charge £5 x 100balls but i won't complain as it started my love for paintball and i still play there. See you march 1st...

pat

Jersey Warriors No1
Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
I know A team That get charged £60 per box (2000) on training days & club days as a team by the captain ..........dont we jimmy ,,,:cool: :D

DaveB

Feb 3, 2003
London
Visit site
I don't think a public forum is any place to be talking about paint prices, do you.

Don't any of you people understand that sites must charge 6p-8p per ball to stay open, any cheaper and they would close it's as simple as that. If that happens, you loose your sport.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Originally posted by DaveB
I don't think a public forum is any place to be talking about paint prices, do you.

Don't any of you people understand that sites must charge 6p-8p per ball to stay open, any cheaper and they would close it's as simple as that. If that happens, you loose your sport.
I personally feel a public forum is the ideal place to discuss paint prices!
The sites charge a playing fee, and I agree they need to make a profit to remain open. Most sites will be making a profit just from the playing fee. The one I'm thinking of charges £18 with or without rental.
The paint is brought in bulk, and costs approx. £35 per case.
The site I know that charges £100, uses diablo blaze, only about £40 retail from a large outlet.
Sure make a profit. But at the end of the day, it's a sellers market on most rec sites. They can charge what they like £50, £70 or £100 a case! You have to use thier paint or not play.
I do not believe for one moment that they need to charge £65 extra per case to stay open. The site I'm thinking of sometimes has in excess of 300 people on a Sunday! and rarely less than 100.
Being conservative and working on half a case per person still makes for a lot of profit.
Don't get me wrong I will still go to this site. Because it's a very good and well run site.
I just find it unacceptable that you say they HAVE to charge that to stay open.
Just my 2 pence worth.

DaveB

Feb 3, 2003
London
Visit site
You are obviously completely miss informed, why is it that so call tourny players think they are something in Paintball.

How much difference to paintball would it make if tourny markers were banned tommorow and paintball as a sport went over night.

None, that's how much.

Tourny paintball makes up less than 1% of paintball, certainly in the UK.

Tourny paintball is a thorn in the side of paintball in the UK and until players realise that and stop thinking they are something they are not, it will continue to be.

As for the entrance fee covering costs, you really have no idea do you.

Lets see what happens then, lets continue to post silly paint prices on public forums, lets let members of the general public find out trade prices, lets reduce paint prices on sites and let's say goodbye to paintball altogether.

Tourny players and in a unique position where they are retail customers getting trade prices and so should count their blessings.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
If you think that people don't know the price of paint you are nieve. Anyone who looks at paintball forums will also be looking at shop sites also so will know the prices.
As a rec player I pay up to £7.00 per 100.
At a recent walkon and at a recent tourney I paid £60 per 2000.
PC world sell Computers at their prices, but if you are in the trade you can get the same PC cheaper, that the way it is and the public accept it.
The choice is there's. As far as I'm concerned if that the price they charge and I want to go there. I'll spend what I can afford.
No one is saying that sites over charge, but it's nice to know what other prices are out there.
Even the site owners do it