Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint Prices

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Johan - Endurance
Paintball jungle........
No, different company, wasn't even a paintball company.

Matski, I see your point about the prices that rentals have to pay for a box of paint, but don't forget that that's how sites make their money. A lot of them offer the basic package (i.e. the rent of the equipment) pretty much at cost price, that is if you include things like staff, wear and tear, etcetera.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3

No, different company, wasn't even a paintball company.

Matski, I see your point about the prices that rentals have to pay for a box of paint, but don't forget that that's how sites make their money. A lot of them offer the basic package (i.e. the rent of the equipment) pretty much at cost price, that is if you include things like staff, wear and tear, etcetera.
Good point Buddha 3.
Look at it this way, tourney players have a game fee in the region of £25-35 each, often with air/CO2 on top. This covers marshalls, site, fields etc but not food or equipment rental. Your typical rental site charges between £15-20 before paint, and this still has to cover site maintenance & rental, food, equipment purchase & maintenance, overall cleaning, marshalls...... Most of them make a LOSS on the game fee so have to make it up from the paint bill.
Seeing as a reputable company will still have to have their bottles tested, have to comply with HSE regulations & food preparation standards, replace goggle lenses more often than a tourney player does due to the disrespect with which customers treat kit & a myriad of other petty little things that most of us wouldn't think of, suddenly you realise that charging a big mark up on paint isn't as unreasonable as it seems at first.

Garycarrot - virtually all the paint we buy in Europe is manufactured in America, so you do have to add shipping charges on to the cost & as it has to be transported carefully or it's ruined then a difference in price seems reasonable to me.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Liz
I started on a great big long response to Ron's somewhat "interesting" & "controversial" points, carefully answering them one by one & trying not to get angry when he makes generalisations & exaggerations based on very little fact. Then I decided - I have much better things to do with my time than refuting someone who a) clearly has no idea what the typical paint deal for a supported team is in the UK, b) doesn't know what sites pay for paint, c) can't be bothered to read people's sigs, d) can't know anything about the status of teams (e.g. DyeHard being Nelson's highest profile team in the UK) & e) just seems to be trying to upset some senior & respected members of these boards.

Ron - I suggest you get some facts together before conjecturing about the business. I play tourney & rec, & have friends at all levels to pro plus site owners, & have mates in the paint industry so I probably know just a bit about this subject. I find your comments ignorant & insulting - especially this one "teams are lots of hassel they moan they trash everywhere". MY team don't act in this way, so are you basing your statement on the way YOUR'S behaves!

Liz not editing your post down to be fair. I can understand what you are saying but "if" Ron is Ronnie then yes he does have an insight to paint prices for sites (daddy is Rob Hollington owner of Mayhem Aybrige) but then even with that insight it is a rose tinted view due to the very close trade connections, most of us live in the real world and have to pay our way :D

Mayhem @ £90 a case...sign me up, I remember £125 a case !!! and there was a eastern european team there that year buying up loads 'cos they could sell it at a profit when they got home, how things have changed :D

bozza

's gonna get ya!
Jul 19, 2001
www.mayhemtigers.com
Paint Prices.

The one thing you all seem to have missed, the price to manufacture in most cases doesnt have any bearing on sales prices in this country. As all of the paint distributors pay the manufacturers a price somewhere in between.

So the people making all the money are manufacturers in America and Canada. So in most cases "sponsorship" is only ever going to be better pricing.

Also I can tell you all sponsoring a paintball team in europe is not commercially viable. In real terms NO paintball team in europe should get anything because they are of very liile value to the sponsors, the majority of site operators dont care about what teams shoot what paint.

And before anybody starts jumping up and down, I have worked for distributors for 6 years so I do know what I am talking about.

Boz

Jinxy

A Full On Paintballer :@)
Feb 11, 2002
Northampton - England
www.sadworld.co.uk
Would it be good if PGI found out the real cost of manufacturing paintballs.

Now I know it's all started out as a side line for some company’s who made pills and bath soaps.

But now day's I know company’s make these things full time.

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Originally posted by Liz
Garycarrot - virtually all the paint we buy in Europe is manufactured in America, so you do have to add shipping charges on to the cost & as it has to be transported carefully or it's ruined then a difference in price seems reasonable to me.
I was of the understanding that ALL paint is manufactured outside the EU, in America or Canada :confused: I thought that Diablo or Zap were gonna set up a factory on the continent :rolleyes: