Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint, transport

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
I haven't played in a long time, last time I did, we had few boxes of site paint (until we used up their supply one weekend and were asking to buy boxes back buy lunch), then one of the guys just had all the paint sent to him.
i'm guessing most sites have a strict, site only paint rule?
for guys that do order paint are breaks in transit regular?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sites geared around punter play will be site paint only.

Walkons (true walkons rather than just alllowing in own gunners to play among the punters) may be more open to BYO paint.

The same with events, however due to the extra cost of running an event with more organisation and bringing in more extras then paint sales by the site put the profit into the site and the event, and lower the threshold they need on the entry price to afford ot run the game
With 'event paint only' from traders who attend, it means the companies who put in the mileage and attend the events with tech supprt, parts and gear get a revenue stream rather than just costs and hoping for the odd sale of an item.

Put your paint in the hands of a courier and you risk extra breaks. Get breaks in the post and you are cleaning the rest on a towel, find broken paint when you buy on site then you go back to the counter

Unless theres a special paint you need, the main reason people try to BYO is to save money. If you're ordering it in then you are also paying postage (even if it says free delivery) If you can bring paint cheaper then you can buy on site then theres a reason - Probably a combination of cheap basic online paint and the site needing a profit margin. If the profit margin is high then you're playing punter games

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
Ah, cool, so basically, find a good site to play at and the paint shouldn't be too much more exspensive and safer.
I don't really mind what paint, I have about 6 barrels with 4 different sizes, I went a little crazy last time I played plus the dork buying paint kept changing brand's till he found most brittle paint that smashed up in transit and then in my gun :/.

snips

Feb 25, 2015
last walk on I went to you can order in whatever paint you want and buy it back off the site or just use site paint.

snips

Feb 25, 2015
Afraid not try further south. A lot further!

Just ask when you book your walk on, what style do you play and is there a brand that matches your barel particularly well? Last walk on the majority just used site paint so everyone is level pegging really.

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
Yeah, don't think be traveling that far south.
Paints that worked best for me was DXS I think it's called. Had the field paint, bronse and silver, never had any problems.
Worst paint I used was Empire Marballizer, apparently quite a lot of brakes in transit then my marker hated and what ever I did it broke in the chamber.
I have plenty of barrels with slight different sizes, so just have to shoot what I can get my hands on and see what works.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Marbalizer is usually pretty damn brittle paint designed for tournament play, it has to be treated well and if you're putting though anything but a soft shooting tourney gun you'll have a bad time.

Sirdogbert1

Apr 24, 2011
Yeah tell me about it, unfortunately the team capt I was in at the time decided that's what we were going to use, and decided just before our first (and last) match, so had no time to test it out :-( and didn't have the cash at the time to change paint.