Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint usage

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Times are hard for everyone at the moment and i have had people suggest trying to limit the paint i know that F5 format uses not more paint than normal tourneys as you don't have to lane and such but if costs can be bought down and still give a competitive environment then why not.

I did say we already limit the gas and we could further limit it but then people with guns that are not very efficient would suffer more.

So that would bring it down to limiting paint carried on the field to say a hopper and a pot making it fair for everyone and give everyone lower bills. We would of course have to conduct tests but what would do you all think hit me with suggestions and ideas .

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
I did this last week at a walk-on and it worked a treat :p not tempted to use loads because you can't that was more of a wanting to conserve rather than a financial thing though, if people are bringing it by the case though there surely going to spend the same, maybe they'll get more bang for there buck though, sounds good.

G

Gassy

Why would it limit paint usage,it would just make the rotation of live/dead/out of paint players more frequent.

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
I don't agree with restricting the amount of paint a team can use but I do think that restricting how much you can carry could be good.

If you were only allowed a certain amount of paint then you would see players rotating more frequently, which would mean that even if you got shot out very quickly you wouldn't have as long a wait before you got back onto the field, and it might encourage more adventurous paintball. If you knew that you didn't have that much paint then if might result in people pushing up quicker as if they spend ages sat behind a single bunker then they are gonna run out of paint without getting anywhere near the button.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
so one pot and a hopper with 20 bps :confused: why not just cap it to 10.5 like every where else. And I thought the hole point was it was an enjoyable format. Its starting to get very confusing again :p
Same with the can issue, there are older players who struggle with kneeling etc. So why not have lower bunkers for those with the advantage over those without

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
Lump this is just a debate it does not mean we are going to do it .
Restricing it to 10.5 will allow players to stay out longer so turn around would reduce and some players will get less playtime.
Plus you then have the added problem of having to check the guns are at 10.5 at the moment at 15 bps most people are going out at around 12 happy days for everyone.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
Same with the can issue, there are older players who struggle with kneeling etc. So why not have lower bunkers for those with the advantage over those without
because some people are small and flexible enough to play behind them so it should stay that way:rolleyes:

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
heres what i had written for the last thread

1. Field layout needs changing. Lay down in the back line makes it very hard to get out when pinned in. Other tournaments don’t use lay down cans and that is for the reason, they suck ar$e to play. I also feel the whole field needs moving about that’s what makes field interesting to play. So far its been t bag side, snake side, two tall temples every tournament.

2. Rof and fps. I feel that the rof needs to be capped at 12bps and fps needs to increase to 290-300fps. My reason for this is a better value for money(see calculation below), more movement , more aim less saturation of area in hope of kill- increasing technical skill. If you increase the fps and decrease the rof then you still get the chance to shoot all the way across field with out using 2 pots to kill someone. Also less paint in the air means less paint to clean between games and less paint for the marshals.
Bps =10
Balls per min=600
Balls per game per player=9000
Ball per game per team=45000
Ball per tournament=180000
Boxes per tournament=90

Bps =12
Balls per min=720
Balls per game per player=10800
Ball per game per team=54000
Ball per tournament=216000
Boxes per tournament=108

Bps =15
Balls per min=900
Balls per game per player=13500
Ball per game per team=67500
Ball per tournament=270000
Boxes per tournament=135

Obviously I have done the math on all 5 guns on field blazing for every second of every game (which is what will happen when pro teams start playing this)but you can see my point. Even if you run all the guns 15% at 10 bps teams shoot around 13 cases and at 15bps teams shoot 20 cases. At £25 a case thats a saving of £175 per team and £17.50 per player assuming they have 10 players.

with lots of tournaments capping bps to lower and lower amounts over the last 5 years, the reason it has been done is to make things cheaper.

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
There is no way in hell that any team is going to do 135 boxes in a tournament you are not taking into account when u are pinned down , or moving , or running back eliminated where you cant shoot your gun , plus the format penalizes you for shooting all your paint or running out of gas.

Also upping the velocity gives you less time to get into bunkers as the ball reaches you that much faster there is nothing wrong with 280 fps all events should run lower its safer and allows more movement.

The most our team has ever used is 20 boxes and we had about 3 boxes left in our pots .
A more realistic saving Would be about £4.00 at best by going down to 10.5 bps and may I remind everyone John did call on 3 votes by the teams who voted to leave it uncapped.
But he did lower the bps to 15 to fall into line with the people who are going to do the USA side of F5.

The general trend has been to lower BPS but now in the states it seems like its going to go back up .

Look at the millennium forum some teams are bitching about the field even there I say a field is a field its the same for everyone play it for every bunker that a short or tall player has a disadvantage there is one where they will have the advantage.