Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint usage

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Personally, I think it's just fine as it is..... period.

My views on the current issues people are having:-

ROF CAP + PAINT USAGE

Remeber it is entirely up to each individual what they set their marker to shoot.

At the beggining of this year, we had varying settings throughout the team. Some were 15, some 12, some 10.5.

I must admit that we had an event where we shot a shed load of paint, which obviously cost more than usual. After this, WE as a TEAM made an agreement that the max WE would shoot was 12. Some even still shoot 10.5 as they feel it is ample for them.

Each team is responsible for their own paint usage. Higher ROF will undoubtably mean higher bills at the end.

VELOCITY

I'm for sticking at 280.

This, in my mind, means that it is slightly more difficult for teams to 'lock'opposing teams into their respective yellow area (usually the lay down cans).

Higher velocity will only make it easier to 'lock' teams down from a greater distance. At least, for now, you can eventually get out if this happens as the opposising team with the 'edge' has to be further up field to do this, making them a little more vunerable.

FIELD DESIGN

Definately agree that the field should change on a regular basis.

I have talked with John at length about this today.

He has a very valid point that the last field was the 'best of the bunch' and it had taken this amount of events to get to this point by adding his 'tweaks' at each of the events.

I have suggested to him that maybe he should 'save' the current field layout, change it for next event and add his 'tweaks' to the new design at the following event until it is 'just right' again. Then have around 6-8 different field layout eventually that can be rotated as they will be 'tried and tested' GOOD fields.

AIR

I really don't have a problem with the air @ 3k. To really honest, I never really have had a problem with it from the start.

For those with 'older' markers, then you will need to adjust your ROF setting to last the time.

The format offers a faster rotation of players, so you very rarely end up using 4 pots and a loader full before having to return to the pit anyway with a hit. I know it does happen, as I too have ran out of air before, but that's just one of those things.

Remember that returning to the pits only gives the opposing team 1 point. 1 single point....

This also stops team being pinned into their end, as eventually, the players with the key bunkers will need to return to the pits, giving the opportuntiy to get out.

TEAM COST

I have no problem with the cost either.

As John has already said, the event needs to be viable from a profit making side of things. I know what has been spent down at John's place and he is still currently running at a loss. I know that eventually, he will regain these outgoings, but lets be fair and reasonable, this is a business, not a charity.

You would end up with teams attending with maybe 6-7 players and the viability of this is 'nil' from a business stance.

Cheers

Wingy...

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
In fact if you take into account that by buying in bulk you get cheaper paint if i were to sell less paint i would pay a higher price then the price to end user would go up so its catch 22.
so there really isn't any real debate to be had. get the format where people shoot less paint but pay more for it or leave it the same. i think that answers that. :D

mertlesnertz

Mar 9, 2009
so there really isn't any real debate to be had. get the format where people shoot less paint but pay more for it or leave it the same. i think that answers that. :D

Being as you don't have to buy paint from a sponsor and being as its a bring your own event and being as the paint sold on site is probably the cheapest quality paint anywhere and no one is forcing anyone to buy paint from anyone i don't see what point you are trying to make with your moaning. :D

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
Being as you don't have to buy paint from a sponsor and being as its a bring your own event and being as the paint sold on site is probably the cheapest quality paint anywhere and no one is forcing anyone to buy paint from anyone i don't see what point you are trying to make with your moaning. :D

You seemed to miss the point again. the thread is about paint usage with many suggestions from the people playing as to what their opinions wether to limit paint, what would make best for a change. My opinion is to limit rof.
John started the thread and then in his last post he basically said if we do use less paint it will cost every one (who buys his paint) more as he'd have to put his prices up due to the cost of not buying in bulk. My reply was a simple stating that i'd and many of the others who use Johns paint would rather shoot 15 cases for the cost of 10 (if paint limitations where introduced and the price per case went up due to John buying less paint) so to leave the format the way it is.
so my point is DON'T CHANGE IT IF WE GET LESS PAINT FOR OUR MONEY.

Not a pop at John or his paint . But if my opinion is moaning then i'll get my coat.