Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint Used

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
We have had emails about adopting the format in other countries and the main concern was paint usage in playing for 15 Min's continually what is the average paint consumption for your team and do you guys think it was excesive,average,below average.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
The first event we played was a lot cheaper paint wise than standard formats. And so far not paid much over :):)

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
As a team, UK Redskins opened 19 boxes of paint.

I had one with me and we used that too.

I have 2 boxes left, so we used around 18 boxes of paint.

Last event was the most we have ever used. An average I would say is approx 14-15 boxes.

Cheers

Wingy...

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Last year when we played the F5, we were shooting Angels and all the guns were set at 10bps due to playing other events.

With the change this year to the Empire Axe, I think that 9 of the 11 guns we used were all shooting 15bps as Wingy said. As this was the first event with the new guns we wanted to give them a good try out, but with the extra paint we used, I think that we do need to turn them down to 10bps.

I know that John does not have a "Cap" on the bps, only the chrono limit of 280fps, but I think that teams that are playing other tournies where the limit is 10bps, do not bother to change the gun settings when playing Formula 5's.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Id say 1-2 boxes per player per day John. Obviously could be a little more or a little less.

When we first started F5'ing, it was about a box each per event. It has risen slightly and I would say its nearer to 2 boxes.

Whitaker101

Jan 24, 2010
Just thought id point out that at the last event alot of the bunkers where quiet low down, this ment you could see players moving from pretty far back tempting you to shoot when they are out of your effective range. The lay down cans provided a good way up the sides but unless they kept there heads down you could see players heads n shoulders zooming along the top towards the sides of the field from the start gate and lets be honest who dosnt want to try and shoot someone coming out of the start gate :p

Shooter KW

May 13, 2010
Colchester, Essex
John, Last year the Gunsmoke team used between 15 & 17 Boxes per day & we attended every event last year. All the team were using Invert Mini's set to no more than 15bps.