Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paint

burnzy1989

its time to make a solid stream line of paint
Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
Hi all looking into buying paint for my self and Bro who has a tippmann a5 with response trigger . Now looking at the pre order paint off the various shops for the n v s and the gi 3 star looks good but I was wondering if it was too brittle for the a5 and the 1 star seems abit week with the specs . Now the other stuff iv seen is the tomahawk clasic looks better but not sure yet again if it's too brittle to use . Or should I water till Friday to buy the paint and test it out first on the a5 and see what works best . Just that I don't want to pay more later than miss out out on a good deal now on bulk buying. Chears ian

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
High grade paint will get destroyed by an A5 I'm afraid.
Me and a friend made that mistake last year at Pacific with some 'Pure Gold' paint. Our sierras either shot it fine or blew the paint to bits from the hammer hitting it. Go for the slighly cheaper paint as it's slightly tougher and will withstand the blow back markers like the A5.

Try giving the store you are thinking of buying from a ring and see what they recommend. I would assume they will recommend either the one star or something slightly higher grade but nothing really fancy as your marker will obliterate it :D (learnt from experience)

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
Thanks got some good advice from warped gear . But its more what to go for with my ego now and ion . Is the gi 3 star good stuff or has any one used the tomahawk competition stuff. Just not sure what to get as it my first time at the north v south game and looking g to pre order my paint . Can any one else let me know what they use or would record mend me as I'm looking at 30 quid for case maximum. Thanks ian

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
@tommikka
Or
@MorphMann
Are knowledgable and might be able to shed more light than me with regards to speedball markers & paint as I've only been using a speedball marker for a couple of months.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'm more opinionated then knowledgeable!
But I have been around for a bit now

I'm not keen on recommending a specific paint, as everyone's experience will vary and individual guns plus specific conditions on the day can affect this

I'm more inclined to avoid commitment to any quantity too far in advance before you have had time to try preferences and have dealt with suppliers for a while. All the main suppliers that you see regularly at uk events know about handling paint and are reliable, so you can be confident that they will look after it and be helpful to you if there are issues. A supplier who is off site can be as supportive as anything, but if they are not there then there is nothing that can be done about a bad batch

For the ego & ion they will be much more gentle than an a5 and you can confidently go for the 'higher' ranges of paint. But this does not guarantee that they will be the most gentle of guns. Preferably avoid the bottom level ball for these guns. You could use an upper range such as 3* but a mid range can still be a good option though it may be the 'safe' option

Go by the descriptions of the grades and different brands are pretty similar in their targeting of grades and types of customer
'Low' grade, mid level 'recreational' and upper grades that go for fragility on impact and thick fills

At a big event there will be complaints of wiping or people not taking hits. A thick 'unwipable' fill won't stop people playing on a bit, of a marshal is near and comes over to check them there is no true penalty, people can always say they didn't notice and then walk

If a lesser grade is not so well made then be balls are less consistent, but unless you are using very cheap paint most these days will have a decent consistency unless it is a bad batch or affected by the environment.

If in doubt try to avoid pre-order and do a quick survey on the day for what is good, if happy for a decent paint but not too worried about perfection then play safe with mid range, if you fancy that bit 'better' try the 'upper' grades

http://www.tomahawkpaintballs.com/products.asp?series=&box=&first=

http://gisportz.com/public/gi-catalog-frontpage/index.html#page-2-3

http://lips-paintball.com/acatalog/GI_SPORTZ_68cal_Paintballs_Equipment.html

Personally I use various guns as my mood takes me, so sometimes I need to be conservative on my choice of paint, but ranges available at scenario events tend to be good anyway. I've never had paint that is highly fragile
I have team mates that will be more attentive to the right paint and by the time I am considering paint they have already looked at other people's choices and seen if there are issues with specific paints, next comes the quick chat with the retailers and the paint is decided on.

Reactions: Pingu

burnzy1989

Jul 7, 2008
Shropshire
Thanks thats all I needed to know there thanks rung a few places up and lips said they will adjust the paint if it gives us any trouble . Thanks ian