Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Here’s one that may be of concern to paintballers in Scotland
Though there is more than meets the eye to this case
(CID attended a property regarding witnessing a traffic offence ??????) *

The Scottish airgun licence/certificate has been cited when impounding a 0.43” umarex pistol
This could affect the original interpretation that paintball (due to frangibility) was out of scope
But in this case the Umarex was loaded with rubber balls (not frangible) plus co2, and also in a bedside drawer (a whole new can of legal worms on self defence weapons)

* (and the boyfriend who has posted this on Facebook has a record of spent airgun convictions)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I can't speak for Scotland on that one but in Northern Ireland a paintball gun 100% is classed as a firearm, as are sub 12ft/lb airguns, as such they require a FAC.

Airsoft guns do not, though we are limited to 1ft/lb energy which equates to 328fps, anything above that WILL require a FAC.

Reading through that above quickly, I'd say the OP is talking ****e and there's more to it than that, it's a sawn off shotgun replica, you could rob a post office with it and joe public would be none the wiser. A mentioned, the police don't simply land at your door and root through your house without a reason.

Reactions: ant290

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Reading through that above quickly, I'd say the OP is talking ****e and there's more to it than that, it's a sawn off shotgun replica, you could rob a post office with it and joe public would be none the wiser. A mentioned, the police don't simply land at your door and root through your house without a reason.
Definately