Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball as a career?

ventturei26

Mar 17, 2015
i think Tom Kaye said it best "best way to become a millionaire in paintball?, start with a billion"

paraphrasing but yea. earning money in paintball is rather hard, takes alot of time and investment into the game and sport

JLMoore

Apr 5, 2015
Interesting idea, never really thought of it, does make you wonder where the sport will be in a few years time...

Ayzure

Newbie Paintballer
Mar 21, 2015
Perhaps someday, pro paintballers will earn that of pro footballers... but one can only dream.

avituk

UK Angel Owner
if you want to make it big in the future then someone has to get a deal with Sky or BT Sport, however i can't see that happening before win the lottery. A career in the sport is very possible depending on what you want to do, a playing career that paid would be one of those jobs 90% of the forum would dream about and hope one day it will happen but there simply is not enough money in the sport as it stands

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
back in the olden days, we were probably one of the heaviest sponsored teams in the world. none of us made a living from it, but we did get to tour the world and play paintball on every continent, we got money to spend while we were away and were given new kit every month, which we would sell every now and then,
The problem was that we would be playing every single weekend and more often than not travelling to various parts of the globe, so it was virtually impossible to have a "proper" job.
So in effect being a pro player meant you were in a less fortunate financial position than most, because you didn;t have that regular income.
I did get to play the sport I love for a very long time and I would not change it if I had to do it again. I have some brilliant memories and have made lifelong friends from my team mates. but the downside is that your personal life suffers, I only know 1 member of the team, out of 11 of us that is still in the same relationship. no wife or girlfriend is doing to put up with their other half never being at home and not able to contribute equally financially in the relationship. So that's the downside. There's also the fact that when you have to stop playing, you go from being a "somebody" in the sport to a "nobody" in real life. but then I think the fact that you are a determined winner sets you apart from a lot and of the 8 players I am still in touch with are all now quite successful business owners and all outside of the paintball industry.
So in essence what I'm saying is, it was a fantastic time as a pro, but don't expect to get rich from playing, because the opposite is true, even now, and the pros now get paid a lot more than we did back then. but eventually you either have to get a proper job, or start your own paintball business and there's very few players that have gone on to make a good living in paintball related businesses. I can count on two hands all the pros from when I was playing who now own dye, planet, empire etc.

My advice is just do it because you love it, and enjoy it while you can. pro or not.

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
I'm almost glad there isn't big bucks to be made within Paintball. It keeps it humble, genuine and good fun. It also shows that (hopefully) the majority of players that get into the sport are in it with the best intentions; having fun, making friends, staying fit perhaps.

Also surely going pro would at some point take the love of the sport away, just a little? I know it sounds crazy but i almost enjoy saving up to buy paintball gear; setting your goals and getting the bits you want/need.

Either way, money or no money; lets all have fun :)

Reactions: Kevin Winter

TipOff

Jun 16, 2015
Agree you need sponsors for product and entry fees. Most top level pros still hold down jobs working for paintball company's or study at uni/college. It's more for the love of the sport...