Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball at fairs/festivals?

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
i did ask him were the masks were, but he just laughed... at which point i made a rude comment about him, then he got the near by police to make me "leave him alone"

so i obviously i had to leave.

yes, i could have handeld it better, but i wasent in a good mood to start. lol
Fair play

Least you asked him and maybe gave him a nudge to improve safety

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
there are no names.

he didnt have a company banner, any advertising, not even a name badge! So there isnt realy anything we could do, that i can think of atleast

all he had was a green inflatable room, some wooden targets, and a few 98's.
but this seems like the type of thing that will be traveling around to similar events, so keep a look out guys!

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
there are no names.

he didnt have a company banner, any advertising, not even a name badge! So there isnt realy anything we could do, that i can think of atleast

all he had was a green inflatable room, some wooden targets, and a few 98's.
but this seems like the type of thing that will be traveling around to similar events, so keep a look out guys!

Have you tried the event organiser to get the info ? As i'm sure they dont let just anyone pitch up where they like. Be it burger's paintball's or candy floss.

Then you could pass it on to someone like Bully.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
i suppose that could work, however the organiser is Sunderland city council. i feel they will have better things to do than answer a 17yr old's question about paintball.

ill give it a try in the morning though.

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
i suppose that could work, however the organiser is Sunderland city council. i feel they will have better things to do than answer a 17yr old's question about paintball.

ill give it a try in the morning though.

They wont be answering a 17 year olds questions about paintball specifically. They will be answering questions about potential health and saftey obligations with regards to one of the vendors at an event organised by them.

They will be interested.

So will Bully.

I eagerly await the result of your investigation.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
To whom it may concern:

on Saturday I visited the Sunderland airshow that the council organised, it was very well ran except for one MAJOR health risk.

There was a paintball shooting gallery set up in the large field which posed a sever health and safety risk.
Paintball travel around 300 feet per second, which is around 180mph. this, is obviously enough to do serious harm, and blind people.
At this shooting gallery there was absolutely NO public protection. The markers (guns) were chained to a window into a large inflatable room, however the chain was long enough to be able to fairly easily turn the marker around and shoot the crowds of people surrounding the attraction. There was no face masks provided, which means no one had any eye protection and could have been blinded, there was not even netting around the shooting area to prevent people from hitting the public.
If any paintball site was ran like this, they would be shut down instantly.
However, thankfully no one was foolish enough to do this and there were no injuries, but it only takes one idiot.
If it is possible I would like any information to help identify who it was (person or company) that was running this attraction, so that I may pass on the information to relevant people within the paintball industry to help makes things allot safer for everyone.
Thank you for your time,
sincerely - Peter
This is the email i have put together. i think i have converd all the areas? if not, i havent sent it yet, so theres time to change stuff

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
Sounds good but to be honest I would contact bully about this and pass all the information to him about the situation even the comments that were made and how he had to ask a police officer to move you on shows that he has no regards for safety, bully will be able as representive of the ukpsf hi light the dangers of what this trader has done, hopefully rectifying the situation.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Do both! Send the e-mail/letter and 'cc' Bully in. I know Steve is a VERY busy man - but I'm sure he'd like to know where H&S is a concern.

Shame you didn't take any pictures to back up your claim - as this can simply boil down to your word against the vendors (and probably the councils).

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Oh FFS what's the big deal ,nobody here go to a fun fair in there youth and use the air rifles with the dodgy sight's....same thing,I used to love that and thanks to overbearing Sunday Times readers you cant do that now either ,nothing to do with paintball other than the kit, butt out.