Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball at fairs/festivals?

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
it was a re-type from a letter, i just put it in quote tags.

and i ended the email i sent with
________
kind regards,
Peter
________

my friends thinks they just looked at my ip address and found my ditails through that.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
assuming that letter was copied word for word (no reason it wouldnt be)

why is a council official mistyping words?

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
i have recived the final response from them, and i have to say, they have done some reasearch into this, they even found this thread, my last name, :eek:

the letter:

well, that fact they found this fourm, and the thread suggests that they have done some reasearch, which is obviously good, but they havent forced the guy to use masks or anything similar, which is very anoying because chances are he wont want to spend the cash on masks if he dosent have to. but hey, i tried.

HOW DID THEY KNOW MY LAST NAME?
My search.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=paintball+showmans+guild.&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
Not hard research really.

They had already written to you once before.

i recived a letter today from sunderland council,
the basic "jist" of it, is that they are investigating the matter, so basicly, still stalling.on the plus side they are listening.
:cool:

Copy it and send it to Bully.
dont have a scanner, but ill type it out, just for you ralph ;)
So why are you worried about them knowing your name and address if they had already corresponded with you. ?

Still some good could come out of this. They say that the person is a member of the Showmans guild.
web site. http://www.showmensguild.com/

Click on saftey and links. They are very saftey aware by including links to the Health and Saftey Executive (HSE). Although i would conceed that this is possibly done for legal or insurance purpose's.

Which takes me on nicely to https://leisureinsure.co.uk/pdfs/paintba.pdf
This is for reference only as they may use someone else but scroll down to page 2. (Showmans Guild / UKPSF questions)

From this, if the operator is a member of the showmans guild which the council say they are and the showmans guild promote the HSE. All should be reasonably safe with how the attraction was operated.

Furthermore if the operater of the attraction is a member of the showmans guild, one would assume that all members of the guild have to obtain some sort of insurance, which i have shown is obtainable via a company that recognise's not only the showmans guild but also the UKPSF.

Overall i think we can sleep safely in our beds knowing that it is just a sideshow at a fair that seems on the face of it, to be reasonably run within the guidence of the showmans guild, the HSE, Sunderland council (in this instance) and probably their insurers's. But i'm sure Bully can confirm this, just to put our minds at rest.

I do have one question for you.
Why did you make this a topic for discussion days after you had attended the event but had made posts on other topics in the intervening period ? Were they more important than the saftey issues that you raised?

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
As mentioned and hoping someone from the associated department is reading this ,I'm slightly more concerned why Sunderland Council are employing someone with such poor literacy skills.

eastie

SoManc. Live Forever.
Apr 13, 2006
SoManc
www.myspace.com
I havent read the replies to this thread. So somebody may have already said what I'm about to say, maybe not.

But who actually cares?! Nobody got hurt... So why go on about it and kick up a fuss as if they did...?!

We (as humans) trust eachother to a massive amount, whether you realise you do or you dont. For example, walking down the street, you TRUST, or just presume that some idiot isnt going to drive up on the kerb, and run you down. You don't walk the street wearing bullet proof vests and armour, just in case some one shoots you down do you?!

This is what I mean, so what if there wasn't masks being given out.... We've just got to hope that there isnt any idiots who turn round and shoot up some old guy and his grandkids. Yeah, might not be the safest thing in the world, but what is?! And if the person who wants a go with the gun looks like a complete tool, simply dont let him go on it.....
To me, whether youre trying to do a good thing or not by sending the organisers an email complaining about it, it just seems babyish...

I havent read the replies to this thread. So somebody may have already said what I'm about to say, maybe not.

But who actually cares?! Nobody got hurt... So why go on about it and kick up a fuss as if they did...?!

We (as humans) trust eachother to a massive amount, whether you realise you do or you dont. For example, walking down the street, you TRUST, or just presume that some idiot isnt going to drive up on the kerb, and run you down. You don't walk the street wearing bullet proof vests and armour, just in case some one shoots you down do you?!

This is what I mean, so what if there wasn't masks being given out.... We've just got to hope that there isnt any idiots who turn round and shoot up some old guy and his grandkids. Yeah, might not be the safest thing in the world, but what is?! And if the person who wants a go with the gun looks like a complete tool, simply dont let him go on it.....
To me, whether youre trying to do a good thing or not by sending the organisers an email complaining about it, it just seems babyish...

Whether you realise it or not there are massive amounts of rules and regulations put into the design of the car and the roads. Not forgetting driving tests, insurance MOT etc...

I fully agree the roads will never be 100% safe due to the human element. The same could be said for a lot of activities.
But the answer isnt to give up and ignore safety altogether!

Imagine how much more dangerous walking down the street would be if nobody bothered having a license, insurance and MOT on their car.

Im pleasently surprised the council are looking at this thread...

Im very glad they are concerned about getting their vendors up to par with the mainstream paintball industry.

After all, if something went wrong at one of these events who do you think the public outcry would be against?
Not small fairs ignoring the regulations. Not the showmens guild.
The outcry would be against paintball itself.

Said vendor has no interest in the paintball industry. He would just startup again using cork guns or something similar.

The recent events in Germany have tought us small industries can be sacraficed purely to distract the public from a real issue.
Even though paintball has a multi million pound turnover in the UK and supports hundreds of jobs in a variety of sectors from manufacturing to services: Its still small enough to be snuffed out in an instant for the greater good.

Id really like to see these official bodies taking more guidance from the likes of Steve Bull.
Self government with Steve at the helm has kept paintball on the right track for many years.

Nobody in the council or showmans guild knows half as much about paintball and its safety implications as Steve does.