Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball gun

Blast0405

Feb 26, 2022
Moderator edit:

Blast wants to get into paintball, let’s give them some advice & have a discussion that will end up with them gaining classified access via making about 20 posts over the next couple of weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Moderator edit:

Blast wants to get into paintball, let’s give them some advice & have a discussion that will end up with them gaining classified access via making about 20 posts over the next couple of weeks
What do you know about paintball in the UK?
What experience do you have?
Do you know about the various flavours of paintball in the UK?
Are you interested in a particular look, such as a gun that looks like a gun but is big and bulky, probably with complex old mechanical technology or do would you prefer something more ergonomic, lighter and efficient that isn’t based on the physics restrictions of real life firearms ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Have a look in the classifieds sales, you will find a few guns to fit various preferences and wallets
Also take note of all the other items you will need such as goggles, hopper, air, pods, a pod belt etc

New members don’t have direct access to post in classifieds. This allows the forum to operate as a discussion forum not just a shop, and allows the buyer to get more informed then making their first impulse buy
If you just want to purchase then use one of the UK retailers (check around the forum for reputable retailers)
If you really must buy on here right now then upgrading your account to Platinum membership gives instant classifieds access - that supports the costs of running the forum, but personally I’d recommend discussing what your interests are and gaining access via the ‘make posts and wait a couple of weeks’ route

Blast0405

Feb 26, 2022
What do you know about paintball in the UK?
What experience do you have?
Do you know about the various flavours of paintball in the UK?
Are you interested in a particular look, such as a gun that looks like a gun but is big and bulky, probably with complex old mechanical technology or do would you prefer something more ergonomic, lighter and efficient that isn’t based on the physics restrictions of real life firearms ?
I just know a bit of paintball

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I just know a bit of paintball
In that case ….. have a good look around at different styles of guns

The classic go to piece is a Tippman, which (other than a couple of models) are classic reliable mechanical and will survive a nuclear war
But they aren’t compact or light

A ‘speedball’ style look, available in many brands at prices from very little to thousands of £ is ergonomic, light etc
But avoid the basic mechanical Spyder clones - they are cheap & cheerful and reliable, but nothing to get over excited about
Though their are those that get called ‘speedball’ guns, they can be used in the woods as well

Theres plenty of paintball to choose from, starting with standard rental play (which is great to catch the bug, but gets expensive as it’s PAYG)

Ideally you would want to move to a local walkon - which tends to be a monthly thing for the local ‘regulars’.
Pay a basic entry, buy Paint by the case and usually bring your own gear, but a few sites will do a rental deal for new starters

Then there are many other flavours such as magfed (almost milsim), big games, scenarios and full on tournaments. But for those it’s usually travel unless you have one on your doorstep

Blast0405

Feb 26, 2022
Have a look in the classifieds sales, you will find a few guns to fit various preferences and wallets
Also take note of all the other items you will need such as goggles, hopper, air, pods, a pod belt etc

New members don’t have direct access to post in classifieds. This allows the forum to operate as a discussion forum not just a shop, and allows the buyer to get more informed then making their first impulse buy
If you just want to purchase then use one of the UK retailers (check around the forum for reputable retailers)
If you really must buy on here right now then upgrading your account to Platinum membership gives instant classifieds access - that supports the costs of running the forum, but personally I’d recommend discussing what your interests are and gaining access via the ‘make posts and wait a couple of weeks’ route
Where do I go I can't seem to navigate this site properly thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Where do I go I can't seem to navigate this site properly thanks
The classifieds are here:

https://p8ntballer-forums.com/forums/for-sale.55/

https://p8ntballer-forums.com/forums/wanted.59/

But as a new member until you gain full privileges you will only be able to look in the sales & wanted sections.
You’re part way through gaining privileges, but will need more posts

The instant route is to buy the platinum upgrade