Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Paintball history

Discussion in 'Announcements and Queries' started by Soul Doubt, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    My brother John created the Shades of Grey and also thought of the name; he was actually a great player, a fact that was overlooked by many people...... And he was most definitely the better half of the Robinson siblings, a fact that wasn't overlooked by many people :)

2. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    Somewhat ironic considering inflatable bunkers led to X-ball which led to the financial demise of many teams. I wonder if tourneys were exclusively played in quarries and forests again with a certain element of fieldcraft and team tactics would paintball be every bit as popular?

to me the buzz of a tourney is the actual feeling of trying to better an opponent, doesn't matter to me what the bunkers are made of. The skill sets of speedball will naturally transfer to any woodsball scenario, whereas the reverse is not necessarily true.

3. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    The evolution from HyperBall to Sup'Air, leastwise in Laurent's mind was little to do with players satisfaction and everything to do with Laurent's vision of televised paintball ... this vision had crystallised at the HyperBall event thus giving rise to what we play on now.

Some paintball skills do transfer as we know, things like staying tight and accuracy of shot which by the way are the two MOST important aspects of paintball play even now, no argument !!!! ... and if you do wanna argue that then go to the corner of the class and put a dunce's hat on :)

4. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    Yeah me too. I worked my ass off, and only got one mention.

5. 3L1TE hax Platinum Member

3L1TE hax
    Message Count:
    Is there any way someone can digitalise a copy of the VHS hyperball final, just watched the first 3 minutes of the first video, and to be honest i really want to watch the rest :D

6. Johan full contact

Johan
    Message Count:
    it was a dame good time! well i started in 1989 but hell what a ride...all dose years! :)

@ robbo change my name please to Johan....;)

7. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:

I'll do it for the time being but I have to make sure you are back in Jay's good books before I make it final .....

8. Johan full contact

Johan
    Message Count:
    :) i never see him or speak to him at al, he is not in to playing paintball.
    so i guess we are ok!

9. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    Johan, all is cool .... the Buddha 3 has spoken!

10. Soul Doubt Bhood!

Soul Doubt
    Message Count:
    would be cool to have a european historical record :) maybe have this thread to collect any relevant information :)