Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball, if it was a recognised sport.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by garycarrot
If the P.A. was everyones saviour, then it should be growing each year. Is there more teams playing in 2005 than in 2004??

More divisions??
More teams in each division??

I do think the P.A. is a step forward.But is it still moving??

The PA is a capped league, 40 teams/ 6 events.
If it means anything more teams want to play this season and we have had many requests to increase the number of divisions.

Russ

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Russell Smith

Now are you saying that everyone who does not fit your criteria of a “pro” player should be left by the wayside.
No, i have respect for every player that plays the game, whether they play tournaments, or walk ons. I think that the most important thing is to get as many people playing, but more importantly enjoying the sport as possible. Nobody should be left by the wayside.

The reason you think that the “top” teams in the UK have no desire to be the UK’s best is simple – you wont be, in the minds of us common folk you play a poor third to the Tigers and Nexus
It doesnt bother me if people think my team are the worst in the UK, and nor do my team mates. It doesnt bother us what people think. Why should I lose sleep that myteam is not rated by anyone? I do not play the game in the hope that people think us to be the best in the UK. All i was trying to emphasise is that be it Tigers or Nexus or Shock, none of those teams have any sdesire to be the best in the UK. Everyone recognises the bigger picture.

And you must also live in bloody never never land if you think that all reffing in the UK is “poor/biased” and it is all fine in the USA, don’t talk bollocks, are you trying to convince yourself all the expense you incur is valid because of X,Y,Z.
(and don’t come back with a smart arsed well we are sponsored reply to that – I have my info as well!)
I did not state that ALL reffing in the UK was poor or biased. There are planty of excellent refs in the UK. But there are enough that are poor or biased to ruin events. Neither do i delude myself that it is a Uk problem, the refs in the San Diego NPPL were pretty poor of many occasions, (only one involving my team, but plenty involving games i watched). Also i am not trying to convince myself of anything. If i needed convincing then maybe i should look at myself in terms of motivation (which i dont). As for your so called insight into my sponsorship....I am not privvy to half of what goes on behind the scenes, so i sincerely doubt if you are!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do not oubt that the PA or whatever series is in question providses a service to the teams that enter. What makes me laugh is when people try to claim that there series either will reveal the best in the UK, or will help teams to improve.... There is no substitute for technical practice. Playing an event as opposed to a days training will not render anywhere near the same results.

hankin

Jun 11, 2003
Visit site
Russ you need to calm down, i dont play for shock and half the players dont evan like me but i can see sam aint attacking you or uk paintball.

Its a sad but true fact that most sponsors dont care what you do at domestic level they are more interested in you getting out on the world circit.

Plus i think shock wave have as much chance as the other two teams you have mentioned to be the uks best.

to be honest russ you have dropped in my expectations for attacking an individual player and his team in such a way. but then again you probably dont care what i think as i dont play the pa.

Shame on you

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by hankin
Russ you need to calm down, i dont play for shock and half the players dont evan like me but i can see sam aint attacking you or uk paintball.

"What is the point? The events in the Uk have no bearing on anything. Top teams have no desire to be the best in the UK, there is a bigger stage to play on. The NPPL and for most other teams the Millennium are the places to be.

Why waste a day playing an event where more often than not you get screwed by poor/biased judging, have no prospect of increasing/furthering the team's reputation or skill levels, and would be better off training and focussing on events that actually mean something."

Pardon !.

Originally posted by hankin

Plus i think shock wave have as much chance as the other two teams you have mentioned to be the uks best.

Agreed, and if this years results are anything to go by they will proberly make it, but I wanted to piss him off as well.
I did not reply for the PA, no need to, that is doing just what it wanted to do, and how it wanted to do it.
But for the twelve hundred others out there who pay their own money each month to play the game they care about...... and dont give a toss about sponsors or playing abroad who Sam because of that post dissed as having no part in "the bigger picture"

Russ

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
I'm probably going to get a proper slating for this.....but.

Am I missing something here?
All the players in the UK pay an absolute ****load of hard-earned cash to play a GAME we all enjoy.
Why does it matter whether there is a national series or not?
The few teams from the UK who have the motivation, financial support & dedication to move onto playing at a "pro" level do so without the need for further complicating the playing/tourney structure.
If the teams who play in the UK leagues (2K, D7, MM, PA) are happy playing these (& it's obvious that we all pretty much are) why mess it around?
Those who want to play Milleniums, do.
Those who want to plat NPPL, do.
Those who want to play EXL/NXL, do.

I just don't understand the NEED for acceptance. So we're not a recognized sport. So what.
Has anyone actually thought about the legal implications about paintball becoming a recognized UK sport? Surely it wouldn't take the government long to cotton onto the fact that people are shooting each other with actual guns, in the name of sport. How long do you think it would take them to ban it, or impose such strict legislation that it'd be pointless even playing?

Just my 2p

p.s. This post isn't meant as a personal attack on anyone or anyone's opinion

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
but I wanted to piss him off as well.
Thats what clouded your judgement.

You so badly wanted to prove a point you made yourself look like a moron.

:rolleyes:

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
hhm

Originally posted by Team Impulse Rambo
you mean keep all leagues but also have a nppl running in the uk ?
Keep the venues, just make it into one big league. Share out the games between the venues and play as normal, highest points wins the league.

Originally posted by robtattoo

Has anyone actually thought about the legal implications about paintball becoming a recognized UK sport? Surely it wouldn't take the government long to cotton onto the fact that people are shooting each other with actual guns, in the name of sport. How long do you think it would take them to ban it, or impose such strict legislation that it'd be pointless even playing?
This is why the UKPSF liase with the home office, join them and help them out.