Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball in school?

UKBall

"That Guy"
Sep 5, 2013
Stockton-On-Tees
So, basically my question is: why shouldnt paintball be introduced to schools?

This is something i have put abit of thought into and although theres ovbious problems with this i think paintball, as a 'sport', is as sutable as any for PE lessons within school. Of course with any sport played in school theres always going to be people messing about and the mess caused by paint would be an issue but maybe using reballs could cause the mess problem? and as for the idiots...im clueless? Like with football or basketball students are tought the fundamentals first and this could be tought in paintball, for example, snap shooting, laning ect.

My school recently spent around a million on astro turf so why not spend a fraction of that itroducing a new sport to the curriculum? a high energy activity that involves team work and technique? Its clear schools wont be willing to fork out on £1000 markers but is it really impossible to teach basic paintball skills with FT12's?

what are all your opinions on this or am i being way too optimistic:unsure:
This is probably why it will never happen...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/5291891/Germany-to-ban-paintball-in-wake-of-high-school-shooting.html

recyclepb

Dec 8, 2014
So, basically my question is: why shouldnt paintball be introduced to schools?

This is something i have put abit of thought into and although theres ovbious problems with this i think paintball, as a 'sport', is as sutable as any for PE lessons within school. Of course with any sport played in school theres always going to be people messing about and the mess caused by paint would be an issue but maybe using reballs could cause the mess problem? and as for the idiots...im clueless? Like with football or basketball students are tought the fundamentals first and this could be tought in paintball, for example, snap shooting, laning ect.

My school recently spent around a million on astro turf so why not spend a fraction of that itroducing a new sport to the curriculum? a high energy activity that involves team work and technique? Its clear schools wont be willing to fork out on £1000 markers but is it really impossible to teach basic paintball skills with FT12's?

what are all your opinions on this or am i being way too optimistic:unsure:
In the Southern California, the universities play competitive paintball.