Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball in school?

matj

Mar 22, 2013
okay, so maybe too many flaws to make it a possibility but we all have to admit it would great to send a few "accidental" shots into the teachers reffing ;)
"sorry miss... it's a sphere filled with liquid, they have a tendency to not be as accurate as other forms of propulsion systems. It does demonstrate the effects of gravity at long range too... I was aiming higher. Do i get extra credit for that?"

I would be inviting the marshals to join in if i was back at school and had the opportunity... :ROFLMAO:

How would one member of staff EVER control 30 boystrous teenagers armed with paintball guns. Hah it really is a bomb waiting to go off, but it would of been amazing if it was introduced at my school. Maybe they should arrange trips to paintball sites prepaid by the school, might be easier?
Delta Force manage it :ROFLMAO:kinda...
prepaid trips would be extortionate though. For 500 balls and an entire day you would be looking at £30-40 per child if not more. Doesn't take a maths teacher to see whether its financially viable.. not many schools have that in their budget.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
"sorry miss... it's a sphere filled with liquid, they have a tendency to not be as accurate as other forms of propulsion systems. It does demonstrate the effects of gravity at long range too... I was aiming higher. Do i get extra credit for that?"

I would be inviting the marshals to join in if i was back at school and had the opportunity... :ROFLMAO:

Delta Force manage it :ROFLMAO:kinda...
prepaid trips would be extortionate though. For 500 balls and an entire day you would be looking at £30-40 per child if not more. Doesn't take a maths teacher to see whether its financially viable.. not many schools have that in their budget.
D/F and paintball sites manage it. However have at least one Marshall per side, probably at low wage part time rates. For a school as a 'class' it would take a minimum of 2 staff, at full time wages as opposed to a single PE teacher
As an 'activity' it would depend on whether teachers were doing it as voluntary work, paid time or overtime. Teachers don't get minimum wage. On top of that insurance would be required, I doubt that the usual insurance and liability insurance would cover paintball risks

Financially you're right, it would not be very viable for the school to go to a paintball site at punter prices. If they were to do it as a school activity on a more regular basis then they could come to a discounted arrangement. But I highly doubt any school would take that on
Any extra-curricular activities are not paid for by schools. They may subsidise part of the costs but parents pay for their children to go.

Last edited:

matj

Mar 22, 2013
D/F and paintball sites manage it. However have at least one Marshall per side, probably at low wage part time rates. For a school as a 'class' it would take a minimum of 2 staff, at full time wages as opposed to a single PE teacher
As an 'activity' it would depend on whether teachers were doing it as voluntary work, paid time or overtime. Teachers don't get minimum wage. On top of that insurance would be required, I doubt that the usual insurance and liability insurance would cover paintball risks

Financially you're right, it would not be very viable for the school to go to a paintball site at punter prices. If they were to do it as a school activity on a more regular basis then they could come to a discounted arrangement. But I highly doubt any school would take that on
Any extra-curricular activities are not paid for by schools. They may subsidise part of the costs but parents pay for their children to go.
Spot on the money and I agree with all of what you have said

by 'kinda' I mean they barely scrape through. Last time i played there it was 1 member of staff for 30 people :ROFLMAO:

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
I did toy with the idea of a schools league of some description

as to training schools with Astro's or areas for setting up a safe field have it made, but I also know schools do paintball days out too.

so in theory combining the two, could create a league.
also if you have boarding schools, or after schools clubs then maybe a bit of reball in a sports hall or something for practice or even snap lanes.

Sayers

Nov 4, 2012
I did toy with the idea of a schools league of some description

as to training schools with Astro's or areas for setting up a safe field have it made, but I also know schools do paintball days out too.

so in theory combining the two, could create a league.
also if you have boarding schools, or after schools clubs then maybe a bit of reball in a sports hall or something for practice or even snap lanes.
Re-ball in the gym was what i thought of originaly but then i though that, if it was a sport used in P.E, it would take to long to collect the balls and deflate the bunkers etc. Then i went on to think of other ways it could work (i was pretty bored in my lessons;)) so what came to mind was sectioning off one end of the astro-turf with netting and just using that! however evidently it wouldnt work because of the reasons listed above and i highly doubt my school head will spend thousends on paintball equipment because one of the only 4 people in the school thinks its a good idea (n)

Although if i could play paintball in a school day it would make me actually go to bed earlier and look forward to the next 6 hours of boredom!!!

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
In theory it could be done, just a question of making it work.

Different if it's only a couple of people in the school yes. however if something like a boarding school or a school that encourages extra curricular activities and the case presented properly they may listen,
Funding another issue.

maybe start by individually funding your own guns and gear. as to bunkers, use whats available, palettes, or the like (work sheds usually full of goodies). or just put a couple of bunkers up and practice 1 v1 snap shooting etc.
as to collecting reballs, if in a sportshall, a broom would do ;)

but this is all theory

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A broom will do for sweeping reballs in a gym. However it still takes effort.
Its not just shoot & sweep up
Sweep and balls roll all over around the gym. You need a big broom to cover the area, if you have a 'two pronged' triangular broom you can direct the balls. You need a destination that they won't bounce out of
When shooting and collecting for a quick clean and reshoot then its fairly easy
When you are finished and clearing out everything you will find balls tucked all over the place

If you are lucky you can have a catching system. But that depends on people hitting the target zone, and a big catching system.
Unless you have a fixed system that covers all your shooting area then you still have stray balls all over the place

Time is money or time is volunteer time which is dependant on the organizer or the good will of volunteers and/or players
Cleanup time is additional time in a booked venue resource

Sayers

Nov 4, 2012
I still think if a school went about it in the right way it could work, admitidly it would be difficult for staff to manage a class of 30 odd but i think it could be done;)

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Not gonna happen. It's seen as a fun activity and not a sport.

The only chance it would have, would be for it to become massively popular OUTSIDE of schools with the general public for it ever to get a lookin at being included as an option. From a cost and safety perspective, it's just not doable for schools and carries too much risk. They would have to find a local place to use to make it feasible at all, and weekly (?) trips for PE to paintball would cost a small fortune for parents just in paint and fees.