Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball in school?

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
I can see that, I was picturing it more as an "optional" afterschool activity or during break times, rather than as an actual PE/Games lesson.

only had the dream when visiting my mums school lol, they have a decent Astro turf all netted off, and thought hey would make a nice training area lol!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Most of you don't even really want paintball to be "tought" at schools. Everybody is always talking about paintball going mainstream, but most paintballers secretly don't want it to be. You want people to see it, yes, but you don't want everybody to play it. You want people to see it, so that they will think you are a badass for playing it. But you don't want everybody else to play it, because people will know you are not badass for playing it. In fact, paintball has a higher than avarage percentage of geeks and nerds in the game.
You want it to stay the niche that it is, so you can set yourself apart from the crowd. And if it ever did become so popular that everybody would have played it, you'd all be like "I played it before it was cool."

F*cking hipsters...

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Most of you don't even really want paintball to be "tought" at schools. Everybody is always talking about paintball going mainstream, but most paintballers secretly don't want it to be. You want people to see it, yes, but you don't want everybody to play it. You want people to see it, so that they will think you are a badass for playing it. But you don't want everybody else to play it, because people will know you are not badass for playing it. In fact, paintball has a higher than avarage percentage of geeks and nerds in the game.
You want it to stay the niche that it is, so you can set yourself apart from the crowd. And if it ever did become so popular that everybody would have played it, you'd all be like "I played it before it was cool."

F*cking hipsters...

Reactions: Hnt0r and Cook$

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
i think an afterschool club or something along those lines would be do able, but given the cost and the required facilities the ideas not even close to viable. theres no support from their sporting bodies and no incentive.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville

F*cking hipsters...
Oh my God....

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY

F*cking hipsters...
So true, you can count the cool cats on one hand these days.
The worst are the middle aged paintball-moms who think their little Johnny's a hardcore extreme sports adrenalin junkie...

Nope, he's still a fat little nerd, but now that you've dressed him up like a clown.....

and you're right - what do we end up with? People that can't spell for ****, but have better aim? Genius!

Reactions: Vimto and Buddha 3