Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball in school?

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Go the other way about paintballing . . do engineering . . my dissertation, which I got a 1st for, was on paintball marker recoil :)

You dont get to play but do get to study, in depth, the charactaristics of markers. Mainly NTs. My test rig was boss.

Aaaaaaand I got to talk about paintball and explain it. During the talk you need to give on the project, I got to talk about something I know and have a passion for. and the questions were paintball related rather than indepth engineering which helped alot!

Paintball itself will never happen in school. Its hard enough to get £1 of each student for cooking classes. Never mind what paintball would cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redzer and Sayers

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Teachers have a hard enough job as it is without introducing paintball into the mix.

Last edited:

Dan-Bana

Jun 14, 2013
I think maybe junior paintball summer school. But not for schools in general as theres always that 1 or 2 members of a class that dosnt want to do sports full stop, another 7-8 pupils would absolutely despise the idea, not to mention the cost and danger involved.

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
We actually operate in several schools and youth clubs in our local area. We've been running Reball games for the last 2 years now with an overwhelming success.

Obviously with the nature of Reball and Sup-air it's all completely mobile meaning we can take it to schools directly and operate from their sports halls (pending they meet our safety inspections and we can safely manage the entire area i.e. the daily cleaning lady has no way of wandering in mid game or some daft smartarse wanders off through the school with a marker to pepper his or her French teacher). We have mobile safe-zones we erect with an area for spectating and a very well trained group of experienced staff who are at the top of their game.

With a mix of games and basic Sup-air coaching we've seen a great deal of players joining the ranks of our local community of speedball teams after getting hooked. It's been a really rewarding program so far and it's introducing new players to a sport. Win! :D

sturt

Jul 9, 2012
there is no way this would be safe in my old school the whole equipment would of been stolen and 999 dialed just in the first 5 mins

Chenko0860

Jun 7, 2013
Aberdeen, Sco, UK
and you're right - what do we end up with? People that can't spell for ****, but have better aim? Genius!

Wouldn't even get that. You'd have rich kids with high end speedball markers that don't need aiming and poor kids with 98's that an SAS sniper would struggle with. But yes, their grammar would still be terrible.

Sayers

Nov 4, 2012
and you're right - what do we end up with? People that can't spell for ****, but have better aim? Genius!

Wouldn't even get that. You'd have rich kids with high end speedball markers that don't need aiming and poor kids with 98's that an SAS sniper would struggle with. But yes, their grammar would still be terrible.
Not if it was a PE lesson and school provided equipment, like they do for other sports... i was thinking along the lines of FT-12s. and having paintball in PE wouldnt effect students spelling?

Azreil

Jun 15, 2008
Salisbury
Just getting something out there to kids in schools would raise awareness, but Pb in school as a subject wouldn't happen best bet would be an afterschool club.

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
Our program is an after curricular activity. All equipment is regulated and supplied by us. The idea of kids providing there own equipment is hardly realistic, we're not talking about a pair of footy boots here.

But as I said, the annual program brings in a lot of new players and most certainly is rewarding for all who participate. As mentioned by Azreil though, this is something you just cannot provide as a lesson, it's a media frenzy and a debate in the house of lords waiting to happen.

Reactions: strafingrun