Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball is a Sport. Please support.

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
yea i see. I still think it is possible with the right people behind to promote tourny style sport to the world wide public and i think it may already have started with asia getting into it in such a big way.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think there have been some great answers here, both learned and insightful and yet we still have to face up to the fact that we cannot organise ourselves into any coherent form and so why on earth should anybody take us seriously as an organisation .. which if I'm not mistaken is an integral criteria for approval?

I know we got the right caliber right people just waiting in the wings but we have to shuffle ourselves from the coil of industry politics before any real and significant headway is gonna be made.
And it just so happens the right people in waiting are in the vast majority industry people ... and so we have a dilemma here ... move away from the industry to ensure unbiased decision making and we run the risk of running with people who cannot do the job but if we stay with these people, they are certainly capable but can they be trusted to put their company interests on the back burner?
I have seen little evidence the latter is a real possibility though the rhetoric surrounding any such initiative will surely counter that observation.

The answer's out there somewhere I'm sure .....

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
all we have too look at is the FA they have a board that is made up of people that run clubs etc
Now we don`t have that we have people that sell products and event organisers so maybe we could do this,it`s not brain surgery and these guys would benefit from it big style:)

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
well i see alot of love for the game on this thread but i also see quite alot of unconscious negativity.

there is alot of comments about how proffesional tourney ball is with regard to fitness and dedication to training and how that particular part of paintball is marketable as a sport, fact is there isnt enough numbers playing sup air type tournaments for paintball to become a recognised sport on its own without the help from all types of paintballers

when i say unconscious negativity im referring to the fact that only sup air could be considered a sport by individuals whereas woodsball is a hobby which to me sounds like calling the kettle pot black ?

lets put it into context joe public thinks shooting an opponent behind a tree is any different from shooting an opponent who's behind an inflatable ?

its the same to them!!

if i see some lads having a kick around in the park or i'm at a premiership match paying to watch the game at the end of the day its a game of football thats being played in the park or at the ground

now i say paintball is paintball whether its sup air or woodsball pro or semi-pro and thats what the sports counsell will say

so if you want it to be a sport its all about the numbers

how do you get the numbers you say ? do what football and every other sport has done have local people from the area form a team and challenge your nearest team and eventually a league could be formed but i reckon it would have to be locality based
example liverpool verse preston ect, which always creates local support interest

but lets face it would a site owner allow a team to form using his/her land ?
or council backing ?
uk paintball federation ?

so realistactly paintball will not become a sport as none of the above will happen so lets enjoy our hobby with various degree's of fitness and passion :)

ive not meant to offend anyone but unless youve got teams from various parts of the country competing it wont be a sport

teams with made up names competing with other teams with made up names will always be considered hobby teams to joe public, because all sport teams hail from an area

i dont want to be flamed for this but its how i see it, i'd like to think i'm thinking outside the box but i do own some ego's :)

take it easy guys

Talfryn

The Attritionist
May 14, 2010
West Sussex
well i see alot of love for the game on this thread but i also see quite alot of unconscious negativity.

there is alot of comments about how proffesional tourney ball is with regard to fitness and dedication to training and how that particular part of paintball is marketable as a sport, fact is there isnt enough numbers playing sup air type tournaments for paintball to become a recognised sport on its own without the help from all types of paintballers

when i say unconscious negativity im referring to the fact that only sup air could be considered a sport by individuals whereas woodsball is a hobby which to me sounds like calling the kettle pot black ?

lets put it into context joe public thinks shooting an opponent behind a tree is any different from shooting an opponent who's behind an inflatable ?

its the same to them!!

if i see some lads having a kick around in the park or i'm at a premiership match paying to watch the game at the end of the day its a game of football thats being played in the park or at the ground

now i say paintball is paintball whether its sup air or woodsball pro or semi-pro and thats what the sports counsell will say

so if you want it to be a sport its all about the numbers

how do you get the numbers you say ? do what football and every other sport has done have local people from the area form a team and challenge your nearest team and eventually a league could be formed but i reckon it would have to be locality based
example liverpool verse preston ect, which always creates local support interest

but lets face it would a site owner allow a team to form using his/her land ?
or council backing ?
uk paintball federation ?

so realistactly paintball will not become a sport as none of the above will happen so lets enjoy our hobby with various degree's of fitness and passion :)

ive not meant to offend anyone but unless youve got teams from various parts of the country competing it wont be a sport

teams with made up names competing with other teams with made up names will always be considered hobby teams to joe public, because all sport teams hail from an area

i dont want to be flamed for this but its how i see it, i'd like to think i'm thinking outside the box but i do own some ego's :)

take it easy guys
Interesting idea, sounds abit like what the CPPS warm up event was all about before it was cancelled :'(

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
all we have too look at is the FA they have a board that is made up of people that run clubs etc
Now we don`t have that we have people that sell products and event organisers so maybe we could do this,it`s not brain surgery and these guys would benefit from it big style:)

Im slowly developing Brotherhood into a club type entity.

In america they have a good college league, and regional clubs would be interesting to see develop. Maybe the Fed and the UKPSF should look into this, ask teams to create regional teams, so for us it would be South Wales "something" and compete in national events? they could retain the orginal team but have "clubs" sprout up around various area, with training, UKPSF membership, Federation affiliation etc

Of course this is all speculation and pipe dreams, but the seed is there :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Our problem can be pretty much distilled into the following; we have the people at the top capable of doing the job, we have proto organisations that bubble up every now and then and yet we do not have the uptake or inertia to keep it all moving .... leastwise here in the UK this is so ... France and Germany lead the way and put us to shame.

I think it may be time to reflect upon our response to Federations and attempts to organise ourselves ... And if we are truly honest with ourselves ... the truth is pretty hard to take but it's also undeniable :rolleyes: