Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball is about to be banned in Wisconsin, USA

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Tyger
Theyr'e passing this law to protect the wetland / woodlands from human interference. The same law also prevents ATV's from blazing the trail, and they also prevent permanent structures from being build on DNR controlled land.

The law is just badly worded, it needs a bit of tweaking. It's NOT, let me repeat that, NOT going to permanently ban paintall in Wisconsin. It'll get reworded, passed, and we'll all be legally OK to play paintball as we are now.

-Tyg
Sure hope you're right.
The reason for this law is a good one though. I'm not a treehugger, but ol' momma nature can do with a little protection. Just saying people can't haul ass around the woods isn't going to cut it though. Putting a bigass fence around the protected area, and having forestrangers patrol around sounds like a better plan, and it opens up some job opportunities too.
I also think that we sometimes have to set an example too. I mean, most of us visit sites that only exist because the local government allows the site operators to run things there, but under strict environmental rules (over here in Holland, site owners sometimes have to come up with all kinds of environmental reports stating that paintballs are not the same as agent orange). I think you'd do your local site a big favour if you'd clean up after yourself. Don't leave the plastic bags the balls come in on the floor for the wind to blow into the forests or whatever...ofcourse, most of you wouldn't do that sort of thing, right? :p