Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball is too cheap . . ?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
So the market wouldnt notice if tourney ballers (and others who enjoy that level of discount) disappeared.
Yet if you beleive the original post, the discount people are getting is crippling the industry.

Which is it?
Don't mix my posting with somebody else's, I only stand for what I say.

But yes, some of the discount crowd are doing damage to the industry, by ruining a perfectly reasonable, and profitable business relationship, by selling paint from their proverbial car booths to people that had no trouble paying normal prices (and 40% is a perfectly normal and acceptable profit margin).

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
Assuming tournament ballers make up 10% of the industry (they don't, but it's an easy number, so we'll go with it), all of them quitting (they won't, but it's a nice example) won't equal a loss in money made of 10%. Sure, turnover may drop by a similar percentage, but not profits. And the loss in profits and turnover will be covered by the higher price of paint.
okay so i see your point here sup air players quitting wouldnt effect sites and paint manufactures a large amount

but and its a big but what about all the companies that support torny playes
were talking planet, dye, empire etc they would all have to go through a huge product redesign and reimaging process to advertise to the walk on and woodsballer/milsim market beacuse im damn sure sites arnt going to start shelling out large monies for high level gatts for rental purposes.
does that make sense?

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
okay so i see your point here sup air players quitting wouldnt effect sites and paint manufactures a large amount

were talking planet, dye, empire etc they would all have to go through a huge product redesign and reimaging process to advertise to the walk on and woodsballer/milsim market beacuse im damn sure sites arnt going to start shelling out large monies for high level gatts for rental purposes.
does that make sense?
Am sure it would put a serious dent into their accounts

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
does that make sense?
Not really. They'd still have the US market to sell too, which is many, manu times larger than the UK. The unrealistic pricing of paintballs is largely a UK only problem brought about because we do not have a developed recreational scheme. The US market is completely different, with the vast majority of ballers supporting their local site, yes they can buy kit from Wal-Mart, but the supply of bullets is much better regulated.

As a proportion of income is much more expensive to play in the US than it is in Europe. It's no surprise that the handing out of sponsorships on a meritocracy basis has led tothe US producing the top 18 out of 20 teams in the world; i.e. people had to learn to play and prove they were worth sponsorship before they actually got it.

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
As a proportion of income is much more expensive to play in the US than it is in Europe.
but when all basic costs - petrol / food / etc are double over here it's a bit different. I'm pretty sure Americans pay less for their paintball, and therefore probably the ones who could afford to pay more.

Reactions: el2k

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
Assuming tournament ballers make up 10% of the industry (they don't, but it's an easy number, so we'll go with it), all of them quitting (they won't, but it's a nice example) won't equal a loss in money made of 10%. Sure, turnover may drop by a similar percentage, but not profits. And the loss in profits and turnover will be covered by the higher price of paint.
tournament ballers will use alot more paint at current price therfore providing more profit to the paintball company. What you basically written above does nothing to help the industry but just trying to balance profits because you got rid of the tournament ballers. Surely it would be alot of hassle for what i can see as no benefit

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
As a proportion of income is much more expensive to play in the US than it is in Europe.
Well why is the fact there are loads of 11 year olds (American) on youtube just firing paint down there garden to make a video of how agg they are? waste of paint and they virtually all have new equipment!

Demon

Crrrraaaazzzyyyy #88
Sep 19, 2006
Birmingham
Well why is the fact there are loads of 11 year olds (American) on youtube just firing paint down there garden to make a video of how agg they are?
tbh i dont think that proves anything... anyone could/can do that.there's just porbably more because they more peeps in the usa and that little kids like to show off their new toys

but when all basic costs - petrol / food / etc are double over here it's a bit different. I'm pretty sure Americans pay less for their paintball, and therefore probably the ones who could afford to pay more.
i doubt that, because the size of the usa and the distance that some have to travel.10 hr drives ! thats alot of fuel.
looks at a few of the UKnwn soldiers vids. nearly every event they had to either travel pritty far or fly to get to the event.

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
but they couldn't afford to fly / drive as well as pay the prices for paint and everything else that we do

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
The average US wage is substantially lower than there European equivalent. Even though Gas prices might be lower, that doesn't mean they have a larger disposable income. Throw in an extremely weak economy (in recession), their insurance / welfare system and then the problems in the housing market and the average US person is definetly feeling the pinch.

I've played in the US on a number of occasions, and whilst paint may appear cheaper, it really isn't.

Oh and Pringle, stop dragging down the collective P8ntballer IQ. Do you actually believe You-Tube is representative of the US? Do you know how many boxes of paint are sold to Tournament Players compared to sites? Do you actually know anyone in the wholesale side of paint?

Anyway, the idea here (I think), is not to start charging people 70/80 quid a case, but a more sensible level of 40-45 for novice teams and players. At that price there's juice in it for everyone, without fcuking over the retailer.