Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Jerseys?

Manning26

I find it humorous that all of our foreign pals think us Americans are such monster-fat-asses, and at the same time it's sad because it's true. I'll bet the average U.S. team has about 300lbs. on their Euro counter-part.

Tyger, have you actually tried on one of the newer jerseys? I don't think any of mine have been itchy, maybe you forgot to cut the price tag.;)

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
How BIG Tyger is?

Originally posted by Buddha 3
So Tyg,

How tall are you then? Just curious to find out.......
6'4" tall. 250 pounds in the season, sometimes heavier in the off season (read "WINTER INSULATION")

Jerseys never fit. Too short int he sleeve. To narrow in teh waist (The new ones are getting better at this) and NEVER tall enough int eh body! So they won't tuck in (which is tourney ILLEGAL, by the way) properly.

And the pants?!?!? I have YET to find a pair of PAINTBALL SPECIFIC pants that are long enough! Anima's is BARELY, but still is short. JT, forget it. Raven? HA! I haven't tried PBJunkies yet, but I think I can guarantee that they're cut for shirt fat people or short normal people.

WHY in the hell can't someone make big & tall paintball gear? DAMMIT!

-Tyger the huge american freak

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
More on Amricans girth

Originally posted by Manning26
I find it humorous that all of our foreign pals think us Americans are such monster-fat-asses, and at the same time it's sad because it's true. I'll bet the average U.S. team has about 300lbs. on their Euro counter-part.

Tyger, have you actually tried on one of the newer jerseys? I don't think any of mine have been itchy, maybe you forgot to cut the price tag.;)
#1 : The weight factor is so we can slam dunk frenchmen after they insult us. :) Actually, it' sbecasue I live in a northern climate. It's a lot of insulation that I just never bother to go take off becasue it's too useful in the summer for bounces. Who needs a Richochet when your stomach is a bounce magnet?

#2 : I just got a new glory jersey form Animal. Love it, but it does itch slightly. The JT's are worse. The 'best' was the old raven jerseys but the cuffs and neck seams ripped in the first month of ownership. Teh NEW JT tops I've tried for a while, and they do too. Haven't tried a PB Junkies jersey yet (Love the dragons) But I've had luck with Animal so far. I'll wash it again and use extra softener. I guess.

You'll also note that my avitar I'm wearing a black Raven jersey of the old style. It's more comfortable, ilts like being choked with a velvet garrotte sometimes, but it's comfortable. the neck on this ripped beyond belief eariler in the year, I fixed it, but it's just kinda ridiculous.

-Tyger (Who just blew any hope of sponsorship EVER...)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tyger, forgive me, but I'm getting this weird mental image of you now. In my mind you must have a very short body, but with weird long legs, and even longer arms.:D
I'm just 2 inches shorter than you are, but I'm 25lbs heavier. I have no trouble finding stuff that fits. Okay, the XXL jerseys are long enough, but they could be a little wider in the chest area for me. Never owned a jersey that was baggy on me, especially not in the chest and arms area..... The JT pro pants aren't a problem at all! In the wait they come in all shapes and sizes, and if I wear them without the drawstrings pulled, they'll end up UNDER my shoes. I do have to admit that I'm wearing pants that are a few inches too large in the waste.
Funny thing is, I'm having more difficulty obtaining normal day wear.......especially shirts that I can wear to work. Damn, don't normal sized people have necks? I'll choke myself to death trying to close the top button, so I can wear a tie as it ought to be worn.....
As far as the itching thing goes......HUH???? never had a problem.....make sure you wash them every now and then.....:D
Just kidding.

Good to hear that I'm not the only 'fasionably challenged' person out there.

Take care.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by Buddha 3

Tyger, forgive me, but I'm getting this weird mental image of you now. In my mind you must have a very short body, but with weird long legs, and even longer arms.
You're pretty far off, but not badly so.

Problem is that I'm a big guy. I'm a big mo-fo, if you get my drift. Long arms, long legs, and big int he torso in height AND girth. And I can STILL crawl up on people. (Go fig!)

I too have never owned a "baggy" jersey. My XXL Tiger Stripe black sleeve pullover is baggy, thankfully, but it's not long enough to really fit well. And I've never, NEVER owned a pair of paintball pants that were long enough. EVER! If they make the waist 40, the leg is 30. If the waist is 36, it's 32. Don't these people know thatthe's guys like me out there DYING to own a pair of pants in 40 waist and 34 length?!?!? Do they think we're beanpoles of pumpkins?!?!?

This topic makes me mad only because, DAMMIT, can't these guys make stuff to fit?!?!?!? I started wearing shorts, but was informed I couldn't wear them (That's it's own fight). I made my own pants too, but they're not really paintball specific. I'd wear the stuff if it FIT!

-Tyg

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Trust me, I understand. Big guy here as well! (hell, I played defensive tackle for 9 years, so that ought to say something) I guess I just been lucky when it comes to finding PB stuff that fits......do you think that the 2 inches that you are taller really make that much of a difference?

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
YES!!!!!

next time you're not doing anything, take your pants and roll them up 2 inches, then go walking around the house.

Now imagine trying to play paintball with pants that are 2 inches short.

Now imagine that you're getting an atomic wedgie at the same time, becasue when they cut pants SHORTER they also cut it slimmer in the crotch. So your'e tring to run while your cool logopants are driving into regions where you know they shouldn't be exploring.

Animal pants solved this by using the gusseted seam you see in martial arts pants. JT used to have a spandex gusset in the crotch. But speedball pants, forget that too. So you've got not only short pants, but they ride HARD. AND, when you run, you can't really slide because your legs are restricted in movement. Kneeling is an adventure in rippage too, not to mention you look like a geek wearing pants that are 2 inches too short.

No, I'm NOT happy with the current offering. At least BDU's are cut in longs.

-Tyger

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Dude, I feel sorry for you. I see your quest for the perfect pair of comfy pants has been fruitless so far.
That atomic wedgy thing made me giggle though.

Good luck with the rest of your quest, and may the pants be with you.

P.S. I don't think I'm gonna try that wearing rolled up pants around the house thing. I think I'll look terribly stupid, and the wife will pobably not give me any. So I'll just take your word for it. :D

tyger

Not much help yet but there is this wonder computer package you install, feed your measurements and it makes the pattern pieces made to measure for your personal size. Then all you do isrint it off, cut it out and sew along the edges and low perfect fit garmant of any style every time.

In a time before paint ball I was heavly in to textlies and clothing.

Standard clothes will just not fit because as you so rightly say they are not cut with enough ease and will give you atomic wedgies and a like.

Have studied garment construction in it's many forms and fabrics and I must admit I was appaled at paintball clothing and only ecasue it was all that was on offer suffered such shoddy assembaly. Quite frankly the tequnics being used are not designed to take the battering the sport gives it's clothing, things re progessing.

The fabrics are exteamly high tec smart fabrics but there are more out there I could boore you all silly.

Good luck and hopefully some one is listerning.:)

Micah

How BIG Tyger is?

Originally posted by Tyger

6'4" tall. 250 pounds in the season, sometimes heavier in the off season (read "WINTER INSULATION")

Jerseys never fit. Too short int he sleeve. To narrow in teh waist (The new ones are getting better at this) and NEVER tall enough int eh body! So they won't tuck in (which is tourney ILLEGAL, by the way) properly.

And the pants?!?!? I have YET to find a pair of PAINTBALL SPECIFIC pants that are long enough! Anima's is BARELY, but still is short. JT, forget it. Raven? HA! I haven't tried PBJunkies yet, but I think I can guarantee that they're cut for shirt fat people or short normal people.

WHY in the hell can't someone make big & tall paintball gear? DAMMIT!

-Tyger the huge american freak
Maybe we should go into busniess together. I'm 6'3" 215lbs of American teenager. I've figured it out man, buy Jerseys that are too big XXL or so seems to work fine. Secondly, you can't wear paintball pants like you would suit pants ... take a note from my fashionally challenged generation. Wear the things down at your hips ... or lower if you can ... I recomend buying your paints a size big and wearing gym shorts under your pants. Of course Southern California is so damn warm I play in shorts anyway. I wear full shin guards to protect my lower legs and I wear cargo shorts ... like skater kids wear ...