Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball - Legality and common sense.

Morrolan

Platinum Member
May 4, 2007
Lancashire
I'm currently building a remotely controlled paintball turret with 4 Etek's on top. For each press of the button, each marker fires once so each marker is individually in Semi. But, what is the legality of shooting 4 balls (each from a separate marker) with one push of a button?

I'm currently building a remotely controlled paintball turret with 4 Etek's on top. For each press of the button, each marker fires once so each marker is individually in Semi. But, what is the legality of shooting 4 balls (each from a separate marker) with one push of a button?

Firstly: COOOOL

Regarding legality, there wont be a problem.

As people have said already in this thread, paintball guns are not firearms so there isnt any restriction on how many shots per trigger pull.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
As long as you use it sensibly and in private or at a site you can build anything you want. sabot air cannons being a good example :)

gldnandy1987

They call me Doc
Oct 12, 2010
flintshire
i know its an old thread but may as well use this one instead of starting a new one.

ive just got a tpn bravo one and am gonna be practising on private land (not a paintball site but will be going to sites as well)

is the below quote still true? does this mean i cant practice in private and have to pay every time i want to?

Paintball gun dressed up to look like real guns, i.e. the mp5 and m16 dressed gun now come under different regulations. Anti-Social Behaviour Act and Violent Crime Reduction Bill doesn't matter that they are paintball guns just what they look like, don't use one of those anywhere but a site.QUOTE]

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
i know its an old thread but may as well use this one instead of starting a new one.

ive just got a tpn bravo one and am gonna be practising on private land (not a paintball site but will be going to sites as well)

is the below quote still true? does this mean i cant practice in private and have to pay every time i want to?

Paintball gun dressed up to look like real guns, i.e. the mp5 and m16 dressed gun now come under different regulations. Anti-Social Behaviour Act and Violent Crime Reduction Bill doesn't matter that they are paintball guns just what they look like, don't use one of those anywhere but a site.
Exercise some common sense and you should be fine. Don't do it where you'll be seen by anyone who'll call the fuzz (i think Robbo knows someone who likes to call the fuzz.....), don't go shooting children or animals or give anyone reason to come looking for someone with a paint firing item. Don't dress like you're heading for Jihad, or walk around in jeans and a balaclava like me......

Reactions: gldnandy1987

gldnandy1987

They call me Doc
Oct 12, 2010
flintshire
cheers dusty. like isaid im a worrier and like to know all details so if i practice on private land i will be gettin written permision from owner and will be makin sure no one can stray into my line of sight. :D thanx again

Jomtien

Banned
Jan 8, 2011
Thailand
teakdoor.com
Paintball markers are legal to own without a certificate or licence (Jersey is an exceptions to this rule). This is because they fire a non explosive projectile at less than 12ft/lbs (330fps). With most fields enforcing a strict policy of 300fps max or less,
I think you will find that 12ft/lbs muzzle energy on .68 will give you just under 100fps, the 12ftlbs is of course originally for air rifles, air pistols are allowed upto 6ft/ibs muzzle energy, the original paint ball guns brought into the UK were as firearms on a registered dealers firearms license, the power was brought down to air rifle limits and then they were declassified from firearms, obviously then the original springs were put back so they could actually be used.

Skeet

Platinum Member
I think you will find that 12ft/lbs muzzle energy on .68 will give you just under 100fps, the 12ftlbs is of course originally for air rifles, air pistols are allowed upto 6ft/ibs muzzle energy, the original paint ball guns brought into the UK were as firearms on a registered dealers firearms license, the power was brought down to air rifle limits and then they were declassified from firearms, obviously then the original springs were put back so they could actually be used.
No mate.

340 ish FPS with a .68 calibre ball will give you 12 ftlb's of energy at the muzzle.

A paintball weighs about 3.2 grammes, which is about 46 Grains (another unit of weight)

Muzzle energy can be calculated as:

Ball weight in grains X FPS Squared / 450411

46 grains x (340^2) / 450411 = 11.8 ftlb.

The original markers that you refer to, were only classified as a Firearm under UK Law, because they were powered by CO2. At the time, an airweapon could only use Air so as such, could not be air weapons, so they had to be Section 1 Firearms.

I have been shooting real guns for a fair while now and I am pretty good on UK forearm law.:D