Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball on SKY

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Oh, also, fantastic to see the guys from the show engaging with everyone on here too and although some of my feedback is kinda negative its meant to be more constructive than bashing the show, which I think is the same for most on here too I bet.

Reactions: LATHAM

automag

Jan 14, 2008
The tickets are free, you just have to apply.
The problem was not the number of tickets allocated but the fact that some people allocated tickets just did not turn up.
When you get a number of small groups doing this it quickly adds up and so the studio would not be to capacity.
When the next series is advertised (crossed fingers) apply for tickets. The more the merrier :cool:
Fingers crossed that sky allow series 2 to run and if they do I am sure there will be a few of us willing to attend and be in the audience.

Looking forward to episode 2

Thank you, I will series link it now:)

Reactions: fintan harding

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
finally paintball on tv
It has been on tv quite often(ish) but either as a spot in a programme or a couple of game shows (mission paintball & x-fire) and I'm aware of one tournament, and unsustainable formats.
Mission paintball was probably the most successful, but came at the early days of cable/satellite tv so was easy to repeat a little later for new generations rather than make subsequent series

However - The paintball show brings a new format which is doing well and ought to be sustainable for new & up to date content for subsequent series

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
******Some stats for you******

The owners of The Paintball Show have given us permission to release some basic statistics regarding the show to date:

- The show has passed through the 60,000 downloads mark. That covers the first three episodes (one of which was only aired 48 hours ago).

- The show has been downloaded in more than 80 countries around the world.

The online statistics vastly ex
ceed all expectations and targets and continue to grow with every hour of every day. By the time the entire series has completed airing, we are expecting somewhere in the region of 200,000 downloads in total as a revised estimate.

- The TV viewing figures have smashed all of the targets that were set for each episode with far more people watching on television than was expected and virtually no drop off in viewers from episode 1 to 3 - which is unusual and points to a very stable audience profile.

The top five countries for online downloads are:

- UK
- USA
- Germany
- Russia
- Canada

- A total of 41 websites around the world have picked up the online versions of the show and have embedded them into their own websites........further increasing the reach of The Paintball Show.

Those who attended the presentation several months ago at the Shoreline Offices which set out the goals for the first series will remember the targets which were set.......and will see that every single one of those targets has been over achieved by several hundred percent.

To date, the show has been exactly as advertised:

- Not for new players
- Not a sports show
- Not vanilla
- A bias towards the UK, but with some content relevant to a wider audience
- Covering both scenario, tournament and trade side of the game

To date, feedback has been exactly as predicted:

- Some love the show
- Some absolutely hate the show
- Most think it's "....an OK starting point...." and can see where it could go over a few years if supported

We hope that you find these sorts of statistics interesting. Sadly, we do not have permission from the owners to give more detailed information for commercial reasons. However, we will continue to keep you updated of the show's progress as the series continues.

Many thanks

The Paintball Show

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Well, just caught up on episodes 2 & 3 and after being critical but positive about the first episode I'm worried.

Episode 2 was really dull to watch. Not just as a tournament player wanting fast paced **** but I really struggled to enjoy it. Didn't feel planned, far too much sitting and chatting without any real point and the web cam interview was woeful. It felt like a few dudes were chatting with the cameras accidentally left rolling.

It's starting to look like the ideas have already ran out and there doesn't seem to look like there's a real 'point' to the show. If its about raising people's perception of the sport then we could be taking a large bunch of steps back. When someone asks me about paintball and what it's about I want to be saying 'watch this show'.

Sorry guys, genuine feedback, not being an ass for the sake of it.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Well, just caught up on episodes 2 & 3 and after being critical but positive about the first episode I'm worried.

Episode 2 was really dull to watch. Not just as a tournament player wanting fast paced **** but I really struggled to enjoy it. Didn't feel planned, far too much sitting and chatting without any real point and the web cam interview was woeful. It felt like a few dudes were chatting with the cameras accidentally left rolling.

It's starting to look like the ideas have already ran out and there doesn't seem to look like there's a real 'point' to the show. If its about raising people's perception of the sport then we could be taking a large bunch of steps back. When someone asks me about paintball and what it's about I want to be saying 'watch this show'.

Sorry guys, genuine feedback, not being an ass for the sake of it.
Its been said from the start that it isn't meant to be aimed at new people at all, its for those of us already with an interest and aims to cover different elements of the game so that there is something for everyone.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Its been said from the start that it isn't meant to be aimed at new people at all, its for those of us already with an interest and aims to cover different elements of the game so that there is something for everyone.
That's cool man, but as a person who's into ball there was literally nothing of interest for me in the entire 2nd episode (apart from the ETV) and not much in the 3rd. It was lacking a real point to it which is a shame.

I've been to a live TV show before and it's last like 3+ hours then is edited to give the viewers what they want from it. It just seems to feel like someone forgot to edit out the noise to give it some focus.

ETV 2 minute spots are great
The new gun review should have a bigger feature and the Ollie tests are brilliant.
Cat**** chronicles I ain't that bothered about but can see the point so that's good.
Ash and Nicky T are good bits.
The casual chat needs focusing, get some stories going, make it special.

I don't get how they can bring up the Vapour, that was designed by a UK baller and no one was prepped to learn something about it? WTF? No discussion at all, pointless when it coul have been great.

Again, I ain't hating on it, just disappointed and really want it to be brilliant!!