Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball on SKY

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Personally this weeks episode (3rd) I thought was a good one, I had a smile whilst looking at it nearly all the way through it.

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
im not impressed that thier swearing in it, theres no need just brings the tone down, sound quality isa bit pants in some of the sections so comes across very amatuer, its obviously a series made specifically for paintballers as ive onli been into pballing since june so some of the crap there on about im thinking "what, oooohhhh thats what that is." i showed the firs episode to couple of mates to get there opinion on it and they didnt have a clue what they were on about half the time, surely they should stick a 5/7 minute plug not for a specific company but for info on how people can get into paintball some advice or tips for that to help new people get into our lovely hobby, could have gotten someone slighty better to present, someone with a bit more on screen presence if you know what i mean lil more lively brekfast show presenter than if hes presenting mastermind. doubt i'll bother to watch any more.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
im not impressed that thier swearing in it, theres no need just brings the tone down, sound quality isa bit pants in some of the sections so comes across very amatuer, its obviously a series made specifically for paintballers as ive onli been into pballing since june so some of the crap there on about im thinking "what, oooohhhh thats what that is." i showed the firs episode to couple of mates to get there opinion on it and they didnt have a clue what they were on about half the time, surely they should stick a 5/7 minute plug not for a specific company but for info on how people can get into paintball some advice or tips for that to help new people get into our lovely hobby, could have gotten someone slighty better to present, someone with a bit more on screen presence if you know what i mean lil more lively brekfast show presenter than if hes presenting mastermind. doubt i'll bother to watch any more.
I suggest you read the thread from start to finish and you will understand that:
1) Not aimed at bringing new players in.
2) It was self financed, therefor no crazy budgets. If you can do better, go and do it.
3) It is a proof of concept series to gauge the reception before hopefully it gets picked up by a better channel therefore more budget, more sponsors and more polish.
4) Swearing was because the production company said they had to let it be 'natural' and flow as it would, so if they would normally drop swearing into the convo, then they still do. Maybe tone it down without the F words tho.
5) It is shown after 9pm, so aimed at adults.
6) It IS paintball on TV - so woohoooooooooooo :D

So just sit back, watch it, enjoy it and wait for the next season once it gets picked up :D

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Cannot please everybody..I actually know a lot of the guys on it but it bores me..not anybodies fault but I just cannot get into it..trying to...keep it on the TV though very good idea...it is NOT for newbies..simple as that

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
I've no problem with it being just for people into the sport, but they just need to improve some parts and it could be so much better than it is.

Being a tournament guy doesn't mean that that's all I want to see though. Maybe devote each show to mainly one area of paintball. A mainly tournament focused show one week explaining first where some of the good ones are. Some tips on making the next step in your game. Some footage from World Cup? Then the gear review aimed at the more top end competition guns. Them the next week more scenario based. Some tips on camo and putting a good crawl in. What Siddons you can get for your new rail system on your Etha etc

You know, just focus it a little more and get some other industry people on board to help with the footage. Sure all the budding paintball film directors out there would love their web based shorts to get some worldwide tv showings.

I'm honestly not just trying to put this show down. Me and Al liked the first one and I'm looking forward to watching last nights. I just felt episodes 2 and 3 dropped the ball a bit.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Good to show how we in the UK use Ramping :- Riding on the edge of the Law on Markers , but have tried to put out there that by using Semi Mode only , everybody should by rights have a better feel for the game, I know from experience that some people can fire a lot quicker than others and it gives the Reffs a hard time to decipher whether the marker is hot ( cheat mode ) or not. however the show does come across with the Ramping should be for the PRO division only.. Does anybody Listen ??? .. NO !!
The Main Tourney of the Year at CPPS , ( Be it for fun but should be for the biggest prize of the year because you have to play properly ) = 7 x Man Semi Uncapped , Proves it with SOooo many guys showing they can`t double tap a trigger or at least are rubbish at it, because the last couple of years every where you play is in Ramp mode and can just pull with ONE finger or your big toe if you want too just to get it sounding like a machine gun, Where`s the skill in that ?? next they`ll be saying it`s ok to throw the balls if you run out of air, ha ha ha . Come on CPPS - UK Masters - NSPL - or whoever ?? you are not a PRO site , you are not Sheep ??

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Good to show how we in the UK use Ramping :- Riding on the edge of the Law on Markers , but have tried to put out there that by using Semi Mode only , everybody should by rights have a better feel for the game, I know from experience that some people can fire a lot quicker than others and it gives the Reffs a hard time to decipher whether the marker is hot ( cheat mode ) or not. however the show does come across with the Ramping should be for the PRO division only.. Does anybody Listen ??? .. NO !!
The Main Tourney of the Year at CPPS , ( Be it for fun but should be for the biggest prize of the year because you have to play properly ) = 7 x Man Semi Uncapped , Proves it with SOooo many guys showing they can`t double tap a trigger or at least are rubbish at it, because the last couple of years every where you play is in Ramp mode and can just pull with ONE finger or your big toe if you want too just to get it sounding like a machine gun, Where`s the skill in that ?? next they`ll be saying it`s ok to throw the balls if you run out of air, ha ha ha . Come on CPPS - UK Masters - NSPL - or whoever ?? you are not a PRO site , you are not Sheep ??
It's been said before numerous times that a lot of people consider the introduction of ramping as what changed the game for the worse. When I quit paintball, it was when ramping (uncapped too) had just come in so I missed all of that part of it. When I picked up paintball again at the end of last year (I don't play tourneys anymore) I heard from numerous people how the scene shrunk as it became a game of the amount of balls you can spray rather than decent snap shooting etc

Hell, I was a back player and took out about 6 pods and a hopper... now don't back players take out around 10 or so? I still wanna try my hand at tourney again, either woodland tourney or sup air...

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Think this is a different topic, so in the interest of making this forum great again I think one of you boys should start a new thread on ramping vs semi.

Be very interested to see how it pans out, I got a couple pence to throw in.

Reactions: LATHAM

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I was with Tim last night at the UK Scenario Paintball Awards and we had a brief chat about this thread, specifically Al and Lathams posts. The details are a little hazy now, it was very, very late. Or early depending on how you look at it. :whistle:

Suffice to say the feedback has been noted and although he doesn't agree with some of the points raised he appreciates the way in which they were put across.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
That's good stuff man, like we've said we ain't beating up on the show just wanna give some honest feedback. It would be AWESOME to see that show flourish into everything we all know it can be. Just needs some kick ass content structure.

Reactions: LATHAM