Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

paintball............or 'airsoft'

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Varley-TeamScream, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Zeus New Member

Zeus
    Message Count:
    Think that the airsoft 6mm, 'paintballs' are also made from vegetable dye type stuff.

Just a point to note for you paintball chaps - it seems that some of the airsoft posting on here is a bit newbie level to be honest, so some comments ought to be taken with a pinch of salt!

After reading someone say that a paintball hit on their airsoft gun would wreck it I have to laugh, as that's quite frankly , naiive, absurd and nigh on impossible.

True that you shouldn't re-use the ammo though, in anything but the cheapest of airsoft guns (which 99% of us wouldn't go near with a sh1tty stick). Deformed ammo can jam in the barrel leading to stripped gears in the gearbox (i.e. costly & fiddly repairs!)

Thanks for that post Strongl - well put. I like the hockey/footy comparison, quite different but at the end of the day, they're both recreational activities that all concerned go outside and have a reet good time (the intention at least).

Last point here being to certain airsofters - please drop the comments about comparing range/power/quality/whatever between AS & PB equipment. They're worlds apart and are for totally different things so comparing them is futile and will only antagonise things as Jose quite rightly made clear!

Toole - cheers for the links mate, I'll have a skeet at those sites when I get sec. :)
    As for sites, there's a UK airsoft map somewhere showing all the sites. I think it's on Freefirezone but not sure of the exact URL.....

2. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/ ;)

As for whether or not they're any good, have a look about on http://forums.ukan.net/ , there's event/site forums on there and even if the particular site hasn't got it's own forum, chances are someone on the forums have been there.

3. psycho-cannon New Member

psycho-cannon
    Message Count:
    Thats true but i hope it wasnt relating to my post about them having a tendancy to actualy explode inside the gun especialy in the more powerfuly upgraded and higher ROF AEG's and thus gunking up the insides.
    Knowing you have drying paint in your gears and motor is not a pleasant feeling but i've yet to hear any reports of this actually causing an AEG to cease functioning or blow any internals.

4. mooseairsoft New Member

mooseairsoft
    Message Count:
    toole.. a piece of advice.. never reuse bb's... when they are fired they can deform and crack. .reusing them will just mess up ya gun. airsoft guns arnt like the cheapy BB guns where they hardly fire enough to damage a BB... they will deform etc.. + bb's really arnt that much.. in a day skirmish.. average used is about 2000 - 3000 <-- depending on style of play.. some people will use less than 500 in a day where some will go throug ha complete bag of 3700 <-- at only 10 quid ish.. :) hope this helps..

some of them markers look leathal.. btw.. whats the range of a pb ? whats the ACCURATE range and TOTAL range on a pb gun ? a stock airsoft gun is about 20m accurate and 30m in total ish.. maybe a lil more :)

5. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Are the majority of air soft guns plastic bodied? 'cos that would definately be an issue in pb vs as.......... a paintball can shatter rigid plastic and will go straight through softer stuff. We've all had it happen to hopper lids and pots, but I wouldn't fancy it on £300 worth of AS gun. I've got a couple of cheaper (60-70 quid) airsoft pistols......... any of my markers would shatter them in a second.
    Sights/optics and body kits would also be damaged.
    Or are the guns metal?, can't tell on the web sites.

6. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    Most are plastic yes, but gas blowback pistols are usually metal. The plastic bodies are a pretty tough material, they do stand up to a fair bit of punishment, but I'm not sure how a paintball would affect it...

That's a good point... :(

EDIT: You can get metal body kits for most AS AEG's, but the stock guns are normally plastic.

7. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    It's a competitive team game and therefore by definition, a sport. Not officially recognised in the UK for a variety of reasons, but it will be soon.
    Two equal teams starting at opposite ends of a field with a set objective to reach............. could be any team sport really.

8. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    Yeah, I know... The excessive use of smilies in my post should have illustrated the fact that I'm not entirely serious ;)

I wouldn't want AS to be classed/played as a sport, it would introduce an overly competitive element to the game that could encourage cheating (not taking hits).

9. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    I think they'd go straight through anything other than thick vinyl type plastic (the softer stuff), some markers are plastic, but the plastic is thick as they aren't trying to recreate a real weapon. (can't do a glock with 0.68 calibre and 1" plastic casing on the barrel).
    Any sticky out bits (details like sights, rails and even exposed hammers/sliders) would be pretty easy to smash off..... Plus, lots of electronics and gears, how would they stand up to impact plus gunk?
    I'd like to go for the crossover, but I think a lot of stuff would get damaged.... we tend to go for function over form (yes we like the bling too) as we are more interested in the performance than "authenticity" it's easier to make em tough when they don't need to look like anything from this century.

10. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Field test 1.

The plastic MP5 hop-up AS I bought cos it was in FHM stood up to 4 rounds from my E-blade before it's casing gave up.
    (theres a lot of stuff in their too, very complicated)

It will be sorely missed.

:(

And my kitchen is a mess too.