Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

paintball............or 'airsoft'

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Varley-TeamScream, Jun 13, 2003.

1. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    ROFL, what a way to test out a theory :D.

This could be a problem... I'll post some quotes on the appropriate threads (here and on UKAN)

2. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Definatley needs checking....... but that gun lasted one burst and disintegrated (and the e-BLADE is down to 260fps) so I doubt the crossover would really work.

3. MrPink Banned

MrPink
    Message Count:
    Jose - got any pics:D

4. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    I'm working on it..............can't find my damn usb cable.......... I bet I left it at work.

Got to take the photo quick before Rachel comes in and sees the mess.

Again.

5. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    Hehehehehe, get pics, quick :)

Find that USB cable! :)

EDITAGE: Do you know what manufacturer that MP5 was, and if it was an AEG? (Automatic electric gun; ie, fully auto, not a single shot, single cock gun [springer :)])

6. Zeus New Member

Zeus
    Message Count:
    Jose - I suspect quite strongly that one bought through FHM would be one of the horrors known as mini-electrics. These are not the sort of thing that we use for skirmishes but more sort of cheap, nasty gimmicky things for shooting at tin cans etc. They're a fairly feeble build.

A proper AEG (automatic, electric, gun) is very solidly built although some more than others. Yes they're generally plastic (ABS) bodied, but are pretty tough and have a solid metal gearbox inside them so it's not like it's a flimsy hollow arrangement.
    I think they'd stand up ok as the shots are generally not too likely to be point blank (always exceptions of course), plus the guns are in the main part very solid. A Steyr AUG for instance has a very thick plastic body, and the rest of it is thick metal.

Not saying you could guarantee no damage but I think you'd have to be fairly unlucky for it to happen.

7. TOOLE Banned

TOOLE
    Message Count:
    if it's ABS plastic it should be OK, i shoot at a sheet of that stuff in my garden when testing my gun after tinkering with it, it stands up ok (about 3-5mm thick)

8. BLC New Member

BLC
    Message Count:
    Zeus: I thought the same myself.... Even still, it's still raised a few concerns in my mind... Something that will have to be properly tested before any kind of crossover game is arranged.

9. TOOLE Banned

TOOLE
    Message Count:
    oh yeah and josie: GO MAN GO!!! we need those pictures!!

10. mooseairsoft New Member

mooseairsoft
    Message Count:
    would u want to try and clean paint off an airsoft gun ? u goto be jokin me... wouldnt work..